Pad replacement...ebc hh+

not sure if I'll buy them agin OZZ...

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145771462 -->

ya me to, I don't know what I'll end up gett'in next time but that noise is just to much....

The Noise is caused by the copper or brass that is used for more stopping power. the only other thing it could be is the Rotor is warped. forceing itself into the caliper. you can shim it farther away but this will cause the other side to move in closer.. also you can put paper between the disc and pucks and hit the brake a couple times then see if you can pull the paper out. If not you have found the problem of the puck not returning to position. Piston could be sticking. If the bike only has 5K miles the problem has been there for a while. Sometimes we used to have to Hit them on a belt sander lightly. that solved the problem.

I have been using the EBC HH pads for about 1500mi and I experienced the same noise on my BUSA and FZR 1000 This is normal as they wear you,ll notice that sound getting quieter....Just talking from my experience with them
smile.gif

Man,,, Mine is doing the same crap...probably less than 200 miles on 'em..I didn't notice about the spring plates/cover ..They're directional?
rock.gif

I have not done this on motorcycle brakes and I am not recomending to do this, unless someone else has done this on motorcycle brakes.

On vehicle brakes I have beveled the edges of the pads to quite them down. Has anyone done this when replacing motorcycle brakes?

(AZIROC @ Apr. 16 2006,20:52) HH pads always make that noise.. no matter what bike
has any one noticed that, well at least on the 06's, the stock brake pads are HH rated? I checked this when I pulled the stock ones out to put the ebc hh pads in.

rant.gif
My '05 stock pads was hh also. But I don't think they are sintered,,,,,,(Metal) I really don't know if I like my new pads yet???loud as heck!! thinking about putting stock back on, I guess I'm going to wait a little while longer to make sure they're bedded properly...There is also a slight scrubbing noise even when I'm not using the brakes...

Back