Hh brake pad replacement

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Well, ive got a very limited knowledge of cars/bikes, but the Haynes manual for the Hayabusa is phenominal!  So straight forward

Question is, i just replaced my stock Suzuki Pads on the Front end with the EBC HH pads from StreetnTrack (thanks for the awesome service bro).  My first ride, i hear this faint hissing sound, like the pads are just BARELY touching the rotors.  Is this normal?  Is there a wearing in period for brand new pads?  Its not causing any problems, and after 50 miles, i see no crevices or indentations in the rotor where its hittin hard.  Just can hear it at low speeds. Any ideas??  Just bein precautious

Oh, and on the replacement, i DID NOT take off the caliper, i just pulled the old pads and put the new pads straight in.  And i did make sure they were goin back in the same way the old ones came out.  Thanks!

<!--EDIT|BUSA_CHeMiST
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143400957 -->

ALL the HH pads make a different type of noise....just "bed" them in easy for the
first 100-200 miles. When you start to use them more aggressively you will notice a
more of a buzzing type noise at low to medium speeds 30-100 mph
wink.gif

yes they are rubbing the brake rotors a tiny bit, no cause for alarm though. next time you replace though, here is a little trick I learned when I was a mechanic for an AMA superbike team.
pull the caliper off, then pull the pads out ( without pushing the pucks in the caliper). use a mild cleaner like windex, or a little soap & water & clean the pucks with a soft tooth brush, rinse with water then put the pads back in ( old ones ). if you have some brake fluid, this would be a great time to change it. you can use a shop towel to get it out of the resivor or a vacuum bleeder, put the lid back on it . then spred the pads apart, ie. push the puck back into the caliper. then you can get the rest of the fluid out of the resivor. change the pads with new ones. ( if you want.....you can leave the flat steel spring out, it is the silver piece on the back of the caliper. it's only function is to quit the brake pad movement noise, it also keeps the pads from moving away from the disk. fill the resivor & while the front is on a stand or off the ground, spinn the wheel & pump up the brakes. you can bleed the brakes now & you will have all the old fluid out. one more trick to get all the air bubles out is apply the brake & hold it "on" with a zipp tie or strap over night. it forces all the tiny air bubbles up to the resivoir. once they bed in they stop you 100% better. oh BTW do you have stainless steel brake lines( highly recommend

cc, thanks for the tip bro.  Was gonna go ahead and pull calipers off to analyze the pucks, but seems i have lost my torque wrench during my move to texas.  That HURT!  Didnt feel comfortable guessin when i was gonna put the caliper back on the rotor.  I will do some easy ridin here over next few days, see how they work out, and DEFINATELY go find myself another torque'r!!  Thanks again bro

Oh, and i DO NOT have braided lines yet. Only had the bike for 2 months, even though thats not a real valid excuse! Will be upgrading very soon tho

<!--EDIT|BUSA_CHeMiST
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143412413 -->

Back