Brake Pad Wear After 20K Miles

I figured it was time to upgrade my front brakes to some EBC HH pads, speed bleeders, and flush out the brake fluid.
I have a little over 20K miles on the odometer that consist of about 50-70 passes down the dragstrip, weekend backroad aggresive riding, many 70 mile round trips to work, and a few 4 day trips into the TN, NC mountains.
The bike is still on the stands and I havent had a chance to break in the new pads yet. Update after a few miles on the EBC HH pads and new fluid.
I was amazed at how much meat is still on these pads and the shape they are in. The wore very evenly showing no problems with the pistons in the calipers. I tip my hat to another fine Suzuki product:thumbsup:

1342659793270.jpg

Donn, if you like the HH's you will REALLY like the Extreme Pro's....

Donn, if you like the HH's you will REALLY like the Extreme Pro's....

Well after riding with the HH pads for 600 miles, I will say I can feel they are better. Night and difference, NO, but less brake lever pressure to acheive the stopping power.
I am not hard on the brakes I dont run hard into turns I adjust to them as I approach them.
On that note as long as I dont see pre mature rotor wear I will continue to use the HH pads, I dont see the need to go with the Pro's.

Back