New front pads

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
So, went to install a new set of EBC HH pads on the front end a while back and noticed somethin wasn't right. I could hear this louder than normal "HUMMM" comin from the front end, but most people said that was normal. Well, the "HUMM" bothered me.

I put the front back up on it's stand and took pads out, looked and it didnt look like any major etching on rotors or any uneven wear on new pads.

The thing that bothers me the most is that when i try to spin the front wheel, it rotates about half a turn AT THE MOST and stops. Shouldn't it free spin for a fwe turns? I mean, i understand friction will cause the wheel to stop, but not this fast should it?

What can be the problem? Siezed piston in caliper? slightly warped rotor? I'm not too experienced with the brakes. I know the pads went in correctly.

Thanks in advance!!
thumb_up.gif

It's normal. My wheel will not spin free either. Did you clean out the caliper with brake clean? Half a turn is normal, go ride it!
laugh.gif

It's normal. My wheel will not spin free either. Half a turn is normal, go ride it!
laugh.gif
Sounds good to me!!

I'm swappin out rotors an a few months ($$$) and will do a complete caliper overhaul when that time comes.

OUT TO THA GARAGE I GO TO REPLACE REAR AND RE-REPLACE FRONTS!!!

Thanks GSX

The hum will wear away. (you'll get used to it) The pads will wear and you'll get more "free spin" from the tire. The pads are the first step to complete brake over-haul, braided lines are next!

The hum will wear away. (you'll get used to it) The pads will wear and you'll get more "free spin" from the tire. The pads are the first step to complete brake over-haul, braided lines are next!
Oh its definately on the list!!

As soon as I get the exhaust in and paid for, brakes are next before Meet n Greet in June.

Oh my gosh my credit card company LOVES ME!$!$!$!$!$!$

The rears can be a pain in the butt the first time you do it. When you reassemble, push the pins that hold the pads in about 1/4 " and then slide in the pins toward the other edge of the caliper to within about 3/8 ", then slide in the inner pads and push the pins the rest of the way through the caliper.

Back