Chain Wax Rant

BUSANAS

Registered
Ok, I know chain wax is sapost to be good and all but it flings on everything back there and all over my chrome rime, I just spent 1.5 hrs cleaning it all off and carefully wipping excess off of the chain, why do people use this crap?
rock.gif
dealer installed btw, I use PJ1 blue lable no fling no mess, man it makes me mad, I have to clean the rim every ride!!!
ok its out of my system....

BUSANAS_001.jpg

Sounds like you are putting too much on...and it helps if you do it when
the chain is hot, just after a ride.

what brand of chain wax is it...I use wax and have zero issues of fling.

I think his whole point is the dealer applied the wax... Probably when the chain was not hot, they don't care. The question, is why would the do such a crapy job. The answer, it's not there bike so they don't give a $%#$
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

We use the chain wax and never had any sling off issues.....I actually TELL the service department DO NOT put any chain lube on, they use this whitish crap.....

Again like said before , how much are you appling and ride the bike for 10mins or so and put wax on while chain is warm, then let it sit awhile......
beerchug.gif

Maybe I am a dummy and a little slow mechanically. I want to do things to my bike on my own. How often do you need to apply? When?

Same here use the Maxima as well put it on the chain before parking it in the evening while chain still warm and let it soak in overnight. No flinging no mess.

Maybe I am a dummy and a little slow mechanically. I want to do things to my bike on my own. How often do you need to apply? When?
You should clean your chain with kerosene every 500 miles or so. Then adjust and apply chain lube or wax. This is what the owners manual states. I also use Maxima chain wax with no sling issue. I have cleaned and adjusted my chain in this manner since new and I got 27 K miles out of the stock chain, and the front and rear sprocket looked like new.

This thread just reminded me to lube mine, I just got back from a ride.

Sprayed Maxima Chain Wax the length of the chain going over the top of the sprocket, then did it again as it came off the bottom of the sprocket. After doing BOTH sides, there was not ONE drop of lube on the clean cardboard I put under the bike! I would say it sticks well...

i love maxima chain wax, never have any sling issue's, got 40k miles out of my 01 gsxr 1000 chain and sprockets using wd-40 to clean and maxima chain wax to lube

When you put the wax on. Just do it in the center on the inside, no spray needed on the outside. Gravity will seep it to the outside as it's spinning.

I use Maxima chain wax too with no mess. I've even put it on cold and let it set for an hour or so and it still didn't fling off. Good stuff.
When I got my bike new it had this nasty white gorp on the chain that flung off all over everything and took Kerosene to get it off. If they used that crap I feel for you, that was a mess.

And that's a nice bike you have there. I'm kinda partial to that blue.
ThumbsUp.gif

I think his whole point is the dealer applied the wax...  Probably when the chain was not hot, they don't care.  The question, is why would the do such a crapy job.  The answer, it's not there bike so they don't give a $%#$  
guns.gif

guns.gif
Yes, that was my point, I would never apply this white super sticky stuff that the dealer put on there, or apply on a cold chain. Thats why I like the PJ1 blue label

guns.gif

Yeah, if you're going to use wax, apply it to a warm chain. The Maxima can says this, too.

I use a silicone lube but it's still in trial so far. I'm not yet ready to recommend it wholeheartedly.

--Wag--

every 500 miles?
rock.gif
boy am I a bad chain keeper.... guess I should work on that..

Back