Chain Wax ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Simple question .
What is y'alls opinion on Chain Wax ?
I love it and have used it for a long time . After five to ten minutes it stays and doesn't move or fling onto your wheel .

If you don't like it what do you use instead ?

I used it! But it does get messy if you dont clean the chain before you lube it each time. A friend of mine proofed the fact when I serviced his chain for him a month again. He just kept lubing the chain. Loaded it up pretty good! I ride the bike for 10 to 15 minutes. Put it on the stand. Get a rag and clean the chain with wd40. Then run chain lube on it while moving the back wheel by hand. Wipe of the the sides of the chain if I spray to much on it.

Chain wax is nasty evil stuff. I switched to the Dupont lubricant available at Lowes many years ago and have never looked back. They also carry it at the local M/C accessory store here now.

DuPont Teflon at Lowe's: Multi-Use Dry, Wax Lubricant

Clean and mess free and lasts as long or longer than any chain "waxes". Has no "fling-off" and it's O-ring safe.

Last edited:
Its a must for chain lube or chain wax.To prolongs the lifespan of the chain,prevents rust and doesnt cause high speed vibration and increase FC.No doubt its a trouble and hassle to clean away the old dirty chain with all the tiny stones sticking onto it and etc.I found a chain lube from liquid moly its 80% biodegradable.tiny small stones wont stick onto it.Its easy to just hose off.

The type of chain lube or wax is not nearly as important as a thorough cleaning before applying lub or wax.

The type of chain lube or wax is not nearly as important as a thorough cleaning before applying lub or wax.

I agree in part.....I dont clean my chain after every ride, but I do put on Chain Wax while the chain is still warm after every ride.

Ahhhhhh, the ever-amazing chainally fixated; cleaning, scrubbing, rub-a-dubbing, lubing, and waxing.. If I followed a checklist of all the 'important' things that had to be done to my 'busa before, during and after every ride, I'd throw in the towel and never take it out.

It's like some of the Porsche club members I used to associate with. There were two types: type 1, that included me, wanted to autocross and do track days with their cars, type 2 were always cleaning, scrubbin, etc. and didn't want to even drive them for fear of dirt and wear.

:thumbsup: Maxima

CHNGRDG.jpg

Back