Chain Wax Rant

i`ve been using the chain wax from dupont, u can get it at lowes for 3 bucks a can and no fling problem. like the others said put it on when chain is warm and only apply to the inside of chain, clean lube and adjust every 500 miles and it should last a long time..
2cents.gif

Hrm, if anything I had fling issues with PJ1(this is like 8-10yrs ago since I switched from, PJ1, maybe its better now..mmm sperm whale oil lol) on both the street and dirt bikes. I use maxima, no issues whatsoever.  Also it doesn't seem attract as much dirt (more of an offroad problem than street).

Silkolene Synthetic!! It costs a little more,.....but I'm a synthetic kind o' guy! Synthetic chain lube, synthetic motor oil, synthetic brake fluid, extended life coolant. What else can I say??
deadhorse.gif

All I can say is that that, from looking at that beauty, I can certainly understand why you don't want anything messing up her good looks
bowdown.gif

And AntiTrust, do you even ride that thing? Looks like it just came off the assembly line ... no, even better than that
thumb_up.gif

My god antitrust, not only is that chain immaculate, but I hope you just put the sprocket on 5 minutes before taking that picture... If not, I feel like a complete jerk for the way I have been cleaning my sprocket. It does not look like that
sad.gif

just picked up a can dupont teflon stuff from lowes. it was close to 5 bucks i have been using the motul brand chain stuff. not the cleanest stuff and takes some work to cleah it off the chain.

Ok, I know chain wax is sapost to be good and all but it flings on everything back there and all over my chrome rime, I just spent 1.5 hrs cleaning it all off and carefully wipping excess off of the chain, why do people use this crap?
rock.gif
dealer installed btw, I use PJ1 blue lable no fling no mess, man it makes me mad, I have to clean the rim every ride!!!
ok its out of my system....
I tell everyone this. YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE MAXIMA PARAFFIN WAX OR ANY OTHER KIND OF WAX LUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! It will destroy your chain due to the extreme tackiness. What i found that worked best over the 7+ bikes that ive owned is the white lithium grease that comes on the chain new. The honda lube isnt tacky but it allows your chain to wear at higher rates and requires LOTS of use. I use liquid wrench white lithium grease sold at some bike shops auto parts stores or home depot/lowes.

Use it and take notes at how slippery and quiet your chain becomes. All lubes fling off though. That one hasnt been a problem on bike parts with minimal to no fling but the rim gets a little though. I use brake parts cleaner and a rag and it comes right off with no paint damage.
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

We use the chain wax and never had any sling off issues.....I actually TELL the service department DO NOT put any chain lube on, they use this whitish crap.....

Again like said before , how much are you appling and ride the bike for 10mins or so and put wax on while chain is warm, then let it sit awhile......
beerchug.gif
That whitish crap is white lithium grease.

Back