Chain side plates rubbing sprocket, alignment perfect.

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
Just did a new cush drive and added my roadlok about a week ago. The alignment is perfect and measures within a few thousandths of being equal as measured from center of axle to center of swingarm pivot. I even checked several times with the old string trick. The chain side plates are so close to the sprocket that they appear to be rubbing (right side of chain as looking from the rear). I seem to remember the sprocket being centered in the chain before. Also, I'm noticing a little bit of kick out with heavy throttle roll on in a turn (feels like I'm loosing traction and the bike is kicking out to the side though I never loose traction).

The only thing I can think of is that the roadlok is wider or thinner than the original brake mount and is throwing it off like it needs shimmed or machined. How would I check that?

Any other ideas?

Am I being paranoid?

So it turns out I was actually loosing traction on the rear tire. The roads here in Italy are paved with round river rocks and marble dust as filler in the asphalt making them rediculously slick all the time. The Avon storm 2's are letting me down in the traction department.

As far as the sprocket....
Another thought that occured to me was that the cush drive pushes the sprocket more outward than the worn out stock ones as well. No noticeable wear yet. Is this an issue?

Back