Chain rubbing tire 10"/240 even with chain roller

If the lower chain run rubs and the upper one clears, you have problems that an offset sprocket won't cure? If both chain runs are not equally offset from the tire, I'd dig deeper to find the source?

If the lower chain run rubs and the upper one clears, you have problems that an offset sprocket won't cure? If both chain runs are not equally offset from the tire, I'd dig deeper to find the source?

This may not be his only issue, But if he is running a 240 kit he has to have the offset sprocket on there.

The reason the upper was clearing and the lower was rubbing was the chain roller, this is what threw me at first cause the chain was clearing the tire, well i never thought to look at the bottom. When mocked up she runs nice and straight and even so just gotta finish the notching and get her rolling again

Quick question for the fat tire gurus, do you need to clearance the bottom of the frame to or just above the swing arm? Figure i better ask before i put it back together.

bottom too, and the bolts the hold the foot peg on, my chain goes directly over them, so they needed a trim.

K guys heres where i'm at thought i had enough taken from the frame was having issues getting it to align while clearing the tire as well, so got it decent and with it on the stand ran it in first, still hitting the frame, so ran it for a bit so it would mark the frame, looking down the chain while it runs its much straighter but seems it still needs to go over another 1/8 or so which would help me on the tire as well, gonna try to get it supported and pull the swing arm down as a whole to give me more room..

Have i mentioned i hate people that half a** stuff like this lol luckily i dont get my plate till tomorrow so i still cant ride it.

K guys heres where i'm at thought i had enough taken from the frame was having issues getting it to align while clearing the tire as well, so got it decent and with it on the stand ran it in first, still hitting the frame, so ran it for a bit so it would mark the frame, looking down the chain while it runs its much straighter but seems it still needs to go over another 1/8 or so which would help me on the tire as well, gonna try to get it supported and pull the swing arm down as a whole to give me more room..

Have i mentioned i hate people that half a** stuff like this lol luckily i dont get my plate till tomorrow so i still cant ride it.

Glad to hear its coming along,

So did the guy ride it the way it was and did it hurt the wheel any.

I guess they were, couldnt have been much cause the sprockets are in great shape you can see some wear on the stock front but not bad, the wheel has a little rash nothing super noticeable and the tires were brand new when i got it so the rub on the tire has been in the 3 miles i've put on it.

Bike only has 5400 and all the swing arm and everything in the back is like new i mean great shape so i'm thinking they were having chain issues and never did anything with it.

I guess they were, couldnt have been much cause the sprockets are in great shape you can see some wear on the stock front but not bad, the wheel has a little rash nothing super noticeable and the tires were brand new when i got it so the rub on the tire has been in the 3 miles i've put on it.

Bike only has 5400 and all the swing arm and everything in the back is like new i mean great shape so i'm thinking they were having chain issues and never did anything with it.

My guess would be after he put the 240 kit on it he couldnt get it right so decided to sell it, Then you get it for a good deal and will have it fixed in no time just because you took the time to do it right.

I really hope so man luckily i found this place and theres guys like you who have been through it and can see my issue better than i can right now. I was really starting to wonder if it was the right thing to do since this was the car i traded for the busa, but then again i know how great this things gonna be once i get the bugs worked out:beerchug:
71710003.jpg

I really hope so man luckily i found this place and theres guys like you who have been through it and can see my issue better than i can right now. I was really starting to wonder if it was the right thing to do since this was the car i traded for the busa, but then again i know how great this things gonna be once i get the bugs worked out:beerchug:
71710003.jpg

Sweet car, But you will have so much more fun on that bike, Just be carefull on it.

Looks like you are getting her sorted out. Welcome to the oRg. :welcome: Oh, and I absolutely love Colorado. Just spent a week in the Durango area, wish we had your roads.

Last edited:
Time for another update dropped the shock out so i could lower the arm, the top its nice and clear now but it was still hitting something, discovered i hadnt taken as much off on the sprocket cover as it needed, so took more off there which helped but the chains still coming around and nailing something, looking like i need more off the bottom of the frame, quit for the night gonna tear it all back down tomorrow and play some more.

Was even considering heading over to the motorcycle shop and seeing if i could find a chain slightly narrower that would help me out some, not super comfortable not knowing how long the chain was running misaligned and rubbing, i'd rather not have it come up and slap me in the back at 100+. Any ideas on that? and how long would that bastard be?

I wouldnt worry about the chain rubbing and damage from that. Mines rubbed quite a bit, i didnt wanna take more frame than needed. Not opinion on if its damage from other things. Id stick with the 530 chain tho, alot of power and the fat rear weighs more than the stocker, so more stress on the chain. I think. Either way, Busa came with a 530 for a reason.:thumbsup:

i wasnt gonna ditch the 530 just thinking maybe i could find one a pinch narrower from brand to brand or something.

Mine kicks pretty bad when its hitting whatever it is, if it rubbed and was smooth i'd let the chain finish it off and then replace the chain, but its like the master is kicking off of something, hoping its just that front cover and i dont have to grind more frame, please please no more frame lol

Ive got a clip style master link, i put the clip on the inside so it wouldnt get broken or knocked off. Id say grind while its apart or it will haunt you all season. Ask me how i know :banghead:

"No more Frame":laugh: I hear ya

Last edited:
Yea gonna finish grinding and pick up a chain tomorrow to put on once its all squared away, the one on there just looks cheap to me, got a eery feeling about it.

Bike is much much smoother, been tweaking the alignment and chain tension and riding it around some, looks like she is good to go, gotta go hit dmv so they can vin verify it and i can get my plate:thumbsup:

Back