Chain rubbing tire 10"/240 even with chain roller

Thanks to everyone took her cross town to dmv without a hitch, except i was out of chain wax and used my regular chain lube and spent an hour cleaning the swing arm and wheel when i got home...stupid chrome lol

I just installed a 240 kit from roaring toyz on my 01 BUSA it came with the offset sprocket for the front and now the chain rubs frame. Should I grind frame or file it down? Is the frame hollow, if so how much should I file or grind down? Could someone please help me out or maybe even post a pic of how to grind it or how it will look after it is grinded. Thanks.

I just installed a 240 kit from roaring toyz on my 01 BUSA it came with the offset sprocket for the front and now the chain rubs frame. Should I grind frame or file it down? Is the frame hollow, if so how much should I file or grind down? Could someone please help me out or maybe even post a pic of how to grind it or how it will look after it is grinded. Thanks.

Frame is solid, you gotta take around 1/4" in out, i'd get to grinding or you'll be there for years filing. I ran my tire around to "mark" out the frame and went from there. Pull the swing arm off and support the bike makes life MUCH easier.
Kind of hard to tell on mine since this was after i primed it all Make sure you cut down the bolt for the rear set that interferes as well as the inside of the front sprocket cover needs to be clearanced.
1-22-11022.jpg

I was told the frame was hollow. Thanks I'm going to try this on Saturday to see if it works. Hope the frame is solid. Did you take exactly 1/4" or just 1/8". Also When you adjusted your rear wheel did the lines on both side match or was it off because mines a line off right now. If I put them the same the chain is rubbing tire very very slightly. Maybe once I grind frame it will allow enough clearance on tire. How far should chain be from rim and tire. Thanks

The frames hollow further up front after the weld where the texture changes. The rear where ya need to take out is solid. I'm a little under 1/4" i did mine and the chain still rubbed slightly so when i tore the bike down this winter i took some more out where the chain marked it out. I wouldnt trust the lines on the arm, i measured mine out to be sure since mine dont seem to be even close. Mine rides real close to the tire, had it rub slightly a few times this summer so hoping the little extra i took out helps, kind of a trial and error when i did it. Once you think you have it clearance enough put some paint or something similar on the inside of the frame where the chain rides and take it out for a ride if you come back and your paints still intact call it a day!
I'd put up a pic of how it all sits but mines apart and little brother has my old chain to determine length that he needs for the stretch on his cbr

Hey bernie here's a pic i had saved from demmym's bike shows the notch
000_3285.jpg

The grinding sucks, worst thing you'll ever do but well worth it for the end results. Pm me if ya need anything

Hey Mike imin the middle of an install on a trac dynamics 6 plus swingarm (240) man i need some help here!!!..lol. wheels on, and im in the mist of grinding chain clearance in the frame but that wheel does not look centered at all..... I understand that most of the time its not gonna look perfect as far as the offset( more to the right) goes, but how far right should it be? To me standing and looking dwn at the rear end of the bike it looks like its roughly 5/8 of an inch to the right, need ur input man.

That could be about right, I dont think there going to be all the same but I know mine was off about 3/8 maybe a little more. Look at the pic at the beginning of this thread and you will get a pretty good idea of where it will end up.

Hey Michael if all possible could u give me a call or let me call you my names Mark and man i could use some helpfull info if all possible call me @ 5178170118 or email so maybe i could possibly call you. Would appeciate bro email is Melliot@live.com

Back