Chain/Sprocket Alignment

1985MustangGT

Donating Member
Registered
- 003[/url]

Have done some searching but didnt really find what i need!

The chain moves side to side, have adjusted, adjusted and adjusted and nothing helps. Is there such a thing as a bent sprocket?

Last edited by a moderator:
- 003[/url]

Have done some searching but didnt really find what i need!

The chain moves side to side, have adjusted, adjusted and adjusted and nothing helps. Is there such a thing as a bent sprocket?

Yes, but could you possibly have a 520 sprocket and a 530 chain? Did you change something? Need more details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had this combo for about 3 years now. vortex 45t. Got a new tire mounted today and stuck it on the rear stand because it felt funny. Its hard to tell from the vid but the tire is running straight, seems almost as though the hub is crooked. Has brand new sensei cush drives. Chain is probably a little over a year old, EK zzz X-ring. All the bearings feel fine also!

U sure it's properly aligned? Even side to side, and not a mark off? I see what looks like a slight wobble too.

Have checked it 5-6 times and adjusted it, nothing seems to help. you can see the chain moving side to side as well as the rear sprocket but the wheel hub looks straight. I dont have another sprocket here to try but it seems weird that the peice the sprocket bolts to moves also

Interesting...I measure from the swing arm pivot hole to the back of the adjuster block and make sure both sides are dead nuts even. If that checks out, the sprocket may be bent. If you get it off, lay it on a flat surface and see if you can see any gaps or light under it.

Cush drives fit perfect, everything appears to be seated correctly. May go pick up a steel rear sprocket tomorrow for sh**s and giggles

Back