Chain Lube

How are you applying it? You're supposed to wipe the excess off...
rock.gif

Might want to be careful about how much you are applying as well. I have seen some people put on way too much.

Hold a clean rag behind chain while spraying with lube..
smile.gif

Works for me everytime...
Use a rag and apply the lube when the chain is warm...make sure to let it set up for 10-15 minutes before you ride.

It works real well if your chain is realitively clean to do this when you come home from a ride....then your chain is already warm....and your good to go for your next ride.

Unless you don't wear your tires out as fast as I do, my tires last 6-10 months, the oil won't damage your tire. Now if your tires stay on for years, then you might take more precautions when applying the lube. But for the months tires last, that short of time, lube won't have the time to damage tires.

I clean my chain with WD40 and a rag. The straw keep it concentrated on the chain.

I then use Chain Wax. It also comes in a aerosol can with straw. Shake it for a while like a can of spray paint (it even has a ball bearing in it) and then coat the warm chain with it.
Pretty amazing stuff, it dries in about 15 minutes to a light golden color that matches the chain. No fligging at all. If you spray some on your hand and then put it under a faucet the water will roll right off.

I buy the stuff from my local dealer for $8 bucks a can. Should last about 7K miles.

I use old fashioned chain oil. On a warm chain with the bike on the stand I srart it put it in first and pour it on. then while the chain is goin' round I work it in with a cut off paint brush. I know the oil isn't as clean as the waxes but I think it is better

careful with putting the bike in gear to clean the chain!! Seen people lose fingers doing that, and they "knew what they were doing". All it takes is one mistake

You can clean off the excess with a rag...spray a little WD-40 on it, clean your tire and then wash the tire off with soap, water, and a small scrub brush. Sticky as new. The key for me has been to clean and lube the chain with Maxima chain wax after your ride. This way the wax has a chance to set up before next ride. Also, do not apply too much, just do it more often...I'm a little compulsive about my chain, I clean, wax and check adjustment every other ride. Since putting the DID ZVM on, I have only had to adjust it once.

A neat little trick for any of the spary cleaners or lubes is to take the applicator straw and hold a lit match under it about 3/4" back from the tip. You want to apply just enough heat to allow the straw to take on a permanent 90 degree bend. This allows you to go in over the top of the bottom run of the chain and spray straight down. Works like a champ and avoids the mess from overspray. I put newspaper under the chain when I do this so nothing gets on the floor. I think you will like this trick if you try it.

Thank you guys . I cleanmy tire an did a small burnout and now is as good as new.

I am going to try the maxxima wax next time.

Back