Whats the best chain lube?

VTXEPR

Registered
Whats the best chain lube? I think the manual says heavy motor oil because some lubes will ruin the O-rings. Also whats the best way to clean the chain. Thanks Kevin

cleaner: wd-40

oil: 80/90w gear oil.

the weight of the gear oil helps keep it from slingin' off. want to use a lubricating cleaner too.

Manual says Kerosene and it works great. I use chain wax.
smile.gif

Amsoil makes an awesome product. Goes on like penetrating oil, then cures to a wax consistency. It is Amsoil MP/HD. Part # AMH-SC retails for $5.75 a can plus shipping. No sling off!

I need something with no sling... my poop is covering my bodywork and its getting to be a pain to clean all the time.

cleaner: wd-40

oil: 80/90w gear oil.

the weight of the gear oil helps keep it from slingin' off. want to use a lubricating cleaner too.
cache: won't wd40 hurt the o-rings? do you clean it when the chain is cold or warm, or does it matter?

i use chain-wax lubricant, for what it's worth.. pretty dry climate and haven't had any problems with it.

WD-40 to clean, just don't leave it on there for extended periods of time when cleaning and no problems. Got just over 20k on last chain. I use Maxima chain wax to keep everything lubed. Clean and wax once done riding for the day, next morning before ride go out and run a rag on the chain to get up any loose wax that may still be around and enjoy the ride. I do my chain every weekend

Vincent has it right, WD-40 to clean, wipe all the excess off and then spray with chain wax and wipe off the next day before you ride.

well the factory suzuki stuff I have sucks... I've heard belray is good stuff... maybe I will try that.

WD-40 and Bel-Ray works good if you choose the product...follow the directions and you will be happy.

<!--EDIT|Dulimon
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095691119 -->

Guys - once you get everyting cleaned up, is there a way to keep the lube from getting all over while you spray it on?

I have it all cleaned and ready to lube-wax. But I don't want the junk all over my tire and stuff. (Can't tell I've never done it before, eh?)
face7.gif

Kerozine for cleaning..   use plenty & often - it's cheap..  

ANY good lubricative (AFTER you 've cleaned your chain!..) will do.

I use IPONE.    

A little advice.   Always spray your chain on the INSIDE of your chain, between the rear sprocket and chain.    Don't EVER spray on the OUTSIDE of your chain!   Waste of time, money, and DANGEROUS!   (..stuff will go away IMMEDIATELY after you ride off - even if you don't ride right away.. - and will go and sit - guess already? - on THE SIDE OF YOUR REAR TIRE, where it will dry like hell your LEFT side of the tire - check this out on YOUR bike..  isn't the left side full of wrinkles while the right is virgin-clean?.. - AND, if sprayed in tons, it will sit on the EDGE of your tire thread, will start crawiling down and when you hit the twisties better pray they're all RIGHTS!..    
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|wizard
Reason for Edit: "..left last sentence unfinished.."|1098174354 -->

Back