Carrying a handgun during Myrtle Beach Bike Week

a few more codes for you Dad

Untitled.jpg

Found out that because im military, I dont need to have a concealed carry permit as long as I have my military ID on me when I carry in GA. And I also found out that even if I were to get a CC permit in GA, they and SC do not recognize each others permits(reciprocate). What I plan on doing is getting a CC permit in my state of residence which is NC which is recognized by GA and SC.

GA doesnt recognize SC, but both recognize NC??? Really is it me or does that make sence? And make sure just cause ur active duty that u dont need to be working like running a convoy or actually in process of working.. seems to me it might be open to interpretation, which means LEOS would be right usually... Just make sure ur 100% in compliance or its a FELONY!!

Found out that because im military, I dont need to have a concealed carry permit as long as I have my military ID on me when I carry in GA. And I also found out that even if I were to get a CC permit in GA, they and SC do not recognize each others permits(reciprocate). What I plan on doing is getting a CC permit in my state of residence which is NC which is recognized by GA and SC.
Just make sure you know the SC Laws pertaining to carry, transport, and storage.

I noticed I was missing more than emoticons. I don't have a lot of other options either, like youtube :shocked:

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:

(b) concealed on or about his person, and he has a valid concealed weapons permit pursuant to the provisions of Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23;

Great info, but the article 4 link takes me to an Ebay sale.

Oh, you never walk away from your ride at bike week, unless it's from the bedroom area to the bathroom and you're alone :laugh: Why do you think he's strapped :laugh:

if it were me, i would leave my piece at home. entirely too much liability for me to take that risk. i wish the gov't would have a universal carry law instead of leaving it up to the state and some cases the city/town at there discretion. tough times for folks that want to carry legitimately.

I never leave home without my NC CC permit. It's like the MasterCard of CC, it's everywhere I want to be :firing:

Oh, and GA CC laws are awesome. You can carry in any restaurant (as long as they don't post otherwise), and consume as long as you're within the legal limit. My friends in Raleigh are crafting similar laws for NC...stay tuned

I would be careful with this one my friend. I too am active duty and live (own property) in GA. I work in SC and often travel to SC as I am 1 mile into GA. So, when I moved here I did a lot of research and this is what I came up with.

I got a carry permit from GA because that is where my home is (not my home of record as I am still active duty) and where I own property. This allows me to conceal carry in GA as long as the area is not prohibited. Now, when I go to big box stores or something in SC then I must remove the weapon from my person and store it in a glove compartment, center console or something similar. The bike storage area in the back is fine. The weapon DOES NOT need to be unloaded and separated from the ammo, but it must be in a closed container and not on the floor, or on the seat. As you stated earlier, this is because SC does not honor the permit from GA mainly because SC requires a safety course where GA does not. There has been some legislation lately to get that turned over, but nothing as of yet.

Just because you are active duty does not give you the privilege to carry a concealed weapon on your person when not on duty. I would not press these boundaries as the GA permit is only around $50 and takes about 1 week to get.

If you have questions or concerns, let me know and I will do what I can to answer them.

EDIT: Also, you cannot get a SC carry permit unless you reside or own real property in the state of SC. This would go for both the resident and non-resident permit. Trust me, I have tried to figure a way around SC laws and there just is no surefire way to carry in SC unless you own property there. So, I just take the weapon out of the holster and secure in the glove compartment or storage space, easy.

Back