No more Myrtle Beach Bike Week ?

Warputer

Father of 4=Madness
Donating Member
Registered
It ain't looking good for this year. ???

Link Myrtle Beach Mayor Says No 2009 Bike Week - Motorcycle USA

ScreenHunter_02Jan151613.gif

ScreenHunter_03Jan151613.gif

Dang, that stinks. So I guess those not going will be at Daytona in a few weeks???

It will be the town's loss of money. I am sure they will try and make up for it by writing more tickets. I wonder how many of those tickets written each year are actually paid?

It sounds to me that they are slightly shifting the location. I am sure there are hotels and restaurants on the outskirts of the old action that will be ready to pounce on the opportunity.

I hope 10,000 people show up and see if Those Same City Officials say they don't want their $$$$$$$ :laugh:

I am going to say this, and you can call me a nazi, a raciest, call me what ever, but facts are facts..

To further on that, I look at someone and the last thing i see is color, I could care less about the PC BS

Ok the reason for this is not the "Harley" bike week, but the second one, Alantic beach bike week, or better known as " Black bike week".

During BBW, many sotes close the doors and refuse ot do business with bikers. Why? Beacuse of in the past they has been a over whelming amount of trouble. Everyhting from people not paying for their food, to wal;king out of stores with stuff and so on.. Does thisd happen during the HD bike week? I am sure it does to some point..

But the City has been talking aobut getting rid of the BBW for a while now, but the NAACP stepped in and of course said it was raciest.. Hey wait I thoguht the NAACP was boycotting SC? Hum seems the boycot only woks when they want it to..

But being that as it is, The city to avoid any law suites had to get rid of both..

Will there still be bike week in the MB area? I am sure it will, some die hard bike weekers will show up, same for BBW. But it will not be the same. If you think the cops on the Dragon are bad, you aint seen nothing yet.

I enjoy going to both bike weeks in MB, as a business owner, I find it a great way to get new customers and see new industry trends. Looks like i will have to start going ot more bike nights now lol.

Stupid locals. Their economy will hit the fan this year and then they will open their arms again. ???

i doubt it...before i had a bike i hated going down there during bike week. i had a headace everyday many other people hate it to.. but now that i started taking a bike down there its alot more fun. only thing i dont like about bike week is all the people my age 18-25 are not there.. so i dont have as much fun on the strip at night when im trying to party. i will be down there prob for one night..but i am going i dont care what they say

Yep look at Hollister. They tried to get rid of thier rally also. They will see the light in the end.

I think a good number of tourist areas are going to feel some pinch.. I spent most of my life living at tourist destinations and it is a fragile balance when numbers drop..

I am sure an alternate destination will rally to grab this traffic.. there really are no free rides, you get large groups of people, you are going to get a hand full of azzhats.. you just got to decide if the numbers work in your favor.. Apparently, MB found the numbers did not work for them..

We have the GWRRA shows up here every year in Fort Wayne for an event called "Wing Ding" (over 15,000 bikes) and we do not have a spot of trouble... (and no noise)

I have to say that it is one of the best bike events (aside from Busa Bash) that I get to attend every year.. great people for sure.. The city would be lost without them..

I bet if they showed up with "straight pipes" (yea on a wing) the reception would be a lot different.. Bunch of drunken wind dingers... hahahaha

I think a good number of tourist areas are going to feel some pinch.. I spent most of my life living at tourist destinations and it is a fragile balance when numbers drop..

I am sure an alternate destination will rally to grab this traffic.. there really are no free rides, you get large groups of people, you are going to get a hand full of azzhats.. you just got to decide if the numbers work in your favor.. Apparently, MB found the numbers did not work for them..

We have the GWRRA shows up here every year in Fort Wayne for an event called "Wing Ding" (over 15,000 bikes) and we do not have a spot of trouble... (and no noise)

I have to say that it is one of the best bike events (aside from Busa Bash) that I get to attend every year.. great people for sure.. The city would be lost without them..

I bet if they showed up with "straight pipes" (yea on a wing) the reception would be a lot different.. Bunch of drunken wind dingers... hahahaha

My old boss is a WingDinger. He said one year the town it was held in ran out of Ice Cream. These folks eat the heckout of Ice Cream. But then again that is what our group of Hardley riders would do in Summer. ALl gather and go get custard so it does not seem so unusual to me. Who really needs to mix Suds and Bikes?
Just MHO

My old boss is a WingDinger. He said one year the town it was held in ran out of Ice Cream. These folks eat the heckout of Ice Cream. But then again that is what our group of Hardley riders would do in Summer. ALl gather and go get custard so it does not seem so unusual to me. Who really needs to mix Suds and Bikes?
Just MHO
and to think when "Busa Bash" rolls in, they run out of TP... :rofl: (we have one of Edy's main ice cream plants here, suppose that might explain why they come here every year.. :laugh:

Back