Cap's second annual PMRA Friday Ride

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Let me start off by telling you all that I am honored to be a part of this site... I have met the most genuine honest and caring folks here. There is nothing that I enjoy more than meeting and riding with folks from this site that meet together to enjoy the one thing that we all have in common. We had some of the members roll in early and were able to go on a Friday day trip. We covered abot 250 miles and loved every minute of it... Here are a few pics from the day.

You can see that little bump is about 20 miles away and is the third highest place in Oklahoma. It's in the middle of flat country and you can imagine how far you can see from the top

a1.JPG

When we got to the top of the mountain this little boy ran over and wanted to see the police bike. Steve wasted no time getting him in the saddle and branded with a Jr. trooper badge... Fellas this is what his job is all about! Good on ya Trooper.....

a2.JPG

This is one of our newest members... Silky (spelling) is an exchange motor officer from Germany. She rides a BMW on patrol and on the AutoBahn if I heard correct. She speaks better English than most of us and was a friggin hoot to be around.... She made lots of new friends.. her screen name is halfabusa

a2.JPG

This pic is our very own LCB who flew in from Deleware! AGAIN this year. She is with Omslaw looking at the wind generators in the distance.
a3.jpg

This picture is a shot of lake Ellsworth and a range fire in the distance. Usually if there is a fire on the National Reserve they just let it burn.....
a4.JPG

The 8 of us on the very top..... From left to right...
LCB, Silky, Busa159, Omslaw, GSXCite, Rayabusa, Captain and the professor in the front.
a5.JPG

A shot of the bikes with the wind generators in the background.
a6.JPG

Busa159 grabbed the kid and we put him in the picture since his mom was taking the pic for us. The kid loved the OHP motorcycle.
a7.JPG

This shack is about 100 years old, it has been a general store, sawmill and countless other businesses. There is a working seismagraph inside too. This area called the Wichita Mountains used to be a Gold Mining area.
a8.JPG

This is a state park called Red Rock Canyon. You drive down into a canyon and you can follow a stream way back into the park on the road. The edges of the canyone are red sandstone just like in this pic. If you look in the pic you can see that Hal started engraving GSXcite into the wall until I told him he was desecrating a state park..... Ok so I made that part up but it does look like he was putting his screen name up on the wall......

a9.JPG

a11.JPG

Last edited:
Great thread and a great day! Thanks for posting up the pics...:thumbsup:

Awesome! great pic Cap, looks like it was a blast...:thumbsup::bowdown:

Wow, good pics Cap. I bet that will be a day that little boy will never forget. Good on ya Steve. :beerchug:

great pics, knew I was going to miss a great time, dang work :banghead:

next year work can :moon: Glad everyone got there and back safely

Thanx for the pics and commentary Cap, looks like some fun times you guys had there, and way to go Steve !!!!!!!!

Wish I could have gone on that ride but NO! Yall had to leave early and stay out past dinner. Good pics Capt.

Me too and a huge thanks to MCMustang for letting me babysit Bessie!

great pics guys - looks like an awesome time... wish I could've been there too! Maybe next time :thumbsup:

Didn't realize you were that close to Mt. Scott, Doug! I was about 5 minutes away for a couple of years when I was in OK. Wasn't riding back then though. The burgers at Meers are let's say . . . filling!

Back