Cap Passed Faa 107 Suas

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Whew, for an old guy that was a hard test...

Need to get my background investigation completed but it looks like I have my FAA commercial sUAS (Drone) license now...

Anyone else have theirs yet?

Whew, for an old guy that was a hard test...

Need to get my background investigation completed but it looks like I have my FAA commercial sUAS (Drone) license now...

Anyone else have theirs yet?
is a license required to fly drones in your area or is this for something else? I did a quick search and all I found was "flyers" advertising classes and talking about making money by taking test 107 or something like that.

Congrats Cap, one of my coworkers is about to take his test. He loves flying the coast and taking video of sharks and whales. He has some interesting birds, and is now looking at FLIR technology as well.

Congrats Cap, one of my coworkers is about to take his test. He loves flying the coast and taking video of sharks and whales. He has some interesting birds, and is now looking at FLIR technology as well.

I'm looking at FLIR myself..

is a license required to fly drones in your area or is this for something else? I did a quick search and all I found was "flyers" advertising classes and talking about making money by taking test 107 or something like that.

Anyone can get a drone, everyone had to register it if it's over .55 lbs in the US. If you just want to fly as a hobbyist then its a 5 min deal to register online and 5$ for 3 years. If you want to fly commercially (As a business) or you intend to charge for pictures or video then you have to get your FAA CRF 14 Part 107 license. The same rules apply to a commerical pilot but you can get exemptions for all the regulations like flying at night or going over 400 ft etc.

Unmanned Aircraft Systems

That's cool Cap congrats! Thermal night vision is an amazing tech. I've got a couple flir units on some of my gear.

Anyone can get a drone, everyone had to register it if it's over .55 lbs in the US. If you just want to fly as a hobbyist then its a 5 min deal to register online and 5$ for 3 years. If you want to fly commercially (As a business) or you intend to charge for pictures or video then you have to get your FAA CRF 14 Part 107 license. The same rules apply to a commerical pilot but you can get exemptions for all the regulations like flying at night or going over 400 ft etc.

Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Got you. Some of my friends are into drones. I wish I had the time for another hobby.

I need to see if Thinker62 still works in the FLIR world....

Thanks Andy, now I just need to make some money with it... I have some pretty good ideas for meet n greets.. Will give a whole new look to the dragon photoshoot....

Does that mean that some of us new guys can look forward to meeting you at the newt oRg meet n greet?

The times are coming back, I needed to get my son through college and thats done...

wow kool can u explain a little wat the process is and how much it costs? I've been wanting one for sometime now. thanx

Back