Studying has paid off!

Purple1300

Registered
So those of you who aren't familiar, when you work on your private pilot's license(which is what I'm doing) there's a series of steps you have to go through to prove your competency to fly an airplane and get your license. I'm in my last phase which is the cross-country phase and to be able to fly my cross-country solo I had to take an FAA written exam. It's nerve-wrecking because you need at least a 70% to pass and there's so many variations to the test, plus it's $90 to take it so that doesn't help relieve anxiety! Well, I took it today and got an 88%!
ThumbsUp.gif
GO ME! So now I'm going to fly to Marianna, Florida and back all by myself, then I have a stage check, an oral exam and then my check ride and I will have my pilot's license March 2nd!

Flown in and out of Marianna when I was in flight school (many years ago). Congrats on passing the written and good luck on the solo flight! You'll be glad when it's done and can then start building your time.
beerchug.gif

My instructor was originally going to have me fly to Andalusia and back but I think it's easier to go to Marianna. We went there Monday night for my night cross country. Just follow I-10!

My instructor was originally going to have me fly to Andalusia and back but I think it's easier to go to Marianna. We went there Monday night for my night cross country. Just follow I-10!
IFR (I Follow Roads) is a great way to fly!
biggrin.gif
rofl.gif
I haven't heard that one yet! I'm going to have to tell my instructor that...
That's older than dirt. Bet he has heard that before.

r8

Very cool... One of my best friends has his pilot and chopper license. Not an easy accomplishment so kudos!

WTG!! my biggest hassle was weather maps.... living in AZ it really is not much of an issue..

Good for you Purple...You can go through the restricted areas anytime I'm working. North corridor flight approved!!
cool.gif

Congrats. I remember is was a hard test. But if you think it was hard in a nice warm, dry class room wait until you get your check ride! Just don't let the guy bug you, because he sure will try.

Back