Famous aviation sayings

That official mode one has actually been used on me once in my time in the air force....a Lt co-pilot told me straight to my face when i asked him what position he had a particular switch in when i got there because they had called me out when something supposedly didnt work. I asked what position the switch was in for the system and he said "the official mode"...the rest of the crew on board just laughed there butt's off! I had to compose myself and just left...of course he figured it out after that....:D

That official mode one has actually been used on me once in my time in the air force....a Lt co-pilot told me straight to my face when i asked him what position he had a particular switch in when i got there because they had called me out when something supposedly didnt work.  I asked what position the switch was in for the system and he said "the official mode"...the rest of the crew on board just laughed there butt's off! I had to compose myself and just left...of course he figured it out after that....:D
I don't get it....

My Instructor always told me "Any Landing You can Walk away from, Is a Good Landing!"
smile.gif

Radio will not work in the off postion. Then you have to tell the nugget that OFF doesnt mean " on for flight ".

That official mode one has actually been used on me once in my time in the air force....a Lt co-pilot told me straight to my face when i asked him what position he had a particular switch in when i got there because they had called me out when something supposedly didnt work.  I asked what position the switch was in for the system and he said "the official mode"...the rest of the crew on board just laughed there butt's off! I had to compose myself and just left...of course he figured it out after that....:D
We got called to out to the End of Runway for radio that didn't work in the "official" position. I made one of the assistance go up with the radio tech to see how he handled it. Guess he just went up, turned the knob and said it should work in this setting and I'll check the "off" setting when you land.... no joke, this really happened. the pilot took the aircraft and entered a write up when he landed. sometimes you hafta wonder.

My dad has been a pilot for over 50 years...I've often heard him describe flying with this sentence;

"hours and hours of boredom, puctuated by moments of sheer terror."

He'd say it with a big grin on his face....

Always thought that was kinda funny..:p

Back