Studying has paid off!

Way to go---got my ticket a few yers ago. Been working on flying acrobatic planes now. Like the 'busa----just another form of speed & thrills!

Congrats! I have always dreamed of doing what you are doing, but alas, I must wait.
beerchug.gif

Congrats. I remember is was a hard test. But if you think it was hard in a nice warm, dry class room wait until you get your check ride! Just don't let the guy bug you, because he sure will try.
My check ride was sort of odd.. I flew about 50 miles to the checkout and he said as long as I could get up and down we would be pretty much good to go (had to fly across a TCA and 2 satellite airports to his place),

In his words, "your flying will only get better but all this other stuff will only get worse,so we are going to concentrate the oral on navigation, flight planning and weather maps"....

I flunked the first time around because of the weather maps (my own fault).... how bad did that suck, I had to fly back to my home terminal without my ticket... longest ride ever...

Congrats.  I remember is was a hard test.  But if you think it was hard in a nice warm, dry class room wait until you get your check ride!  Just don't let the guy bug you, because he sure will try.
My check ride was sort of odd..  I flew about 50 miles to the checkout and he said as long as I could get up and down we would be pretty much good to go (had to fly across a TCA and 2 satellite airports to his place),

In his words,  "your flying will only get better but all this other stuff will only get worse,so we are going to concentrate the oral on navigation, flight planning and weather maps"....

I flunked the first time around because of the weather maps (my own fault)....  how bad did that suck, I had to fly back to my home terminal without my ticket... longest ride ever...
I will never forget that check ride. The examiner first said you have your licence now I am here to take it away! I was around 35 years old at the time and I can say I have never been talked to in that way. I wanted to open the door and push him out!
I know that's what they are going to do but its different when its happening to you. Lucky not all examiners are like this.
One good one when I was doing my fuel/wt. checks he tells me his 180 lbs! More like 280 lbs.

Well, luckily for me my examiner was my husband's instructor and did his check ride as well and they're buddies. He lets my husband take his plane out any time he wants so I may have it pretty easy! I've known him for a couple of years now.

After I get checked I want to get into things like gliders, hot air balloons and ACROBATICS!!!! Hotrodd, you wanna teach me?
rock.gif
beerchug.gif

Hey Ranger, thanks for the prior approval! Are you going to be working on March 2nd? That's when my check ride is.

After I get checked I want to get into things like gliders, hot air balloons and ACROBATICS!!!! Hotrodd, you wanna teach me?
rock.gif
beerchug.gif

Hey Ranger, thanks for the prior approval! Are you going to be working on March 2nd? That's when my check ride is.
Acrobatics you do on a mat in the gym...
laugh.gif
You wanna do aerobatics..lol although I bet you would be good at both. I work Sunay, what time and aero club a/c will you be in?

Congrats girl.... I'll leave the skies to y'all!!

Maybe we can all fly to some remote desolate island one day for a vacation.
cool.gif

I mwas studying for my PPL about 6 yrs. ago. I had the KING video tapes and the whole FFA test on my computer as well as the book. It was really cool to learn. There is approx. 700 questions that can be used for the test that you have to know all of them. I think there is about 100 or so for the actual test. But it can be any of the 700. There were all different catagories.

I could test myself on the subjects that I had down pat. I had approx. 1/2 of the test memorized scoring a 93!
Then what happened is I realized that my wife was petrified to fly and decided to get a boat instead.
My uncle who has his license, has taken me up and let me fly a few times....

I can only say: KUDO's to you, because I know what it takes to learn and pass that written test!!!  
beerchug.gif

Congrats!!! That is so cool! I wish i could afford to learn to fly. That's one of my dream goals.
beerchug.gif

Good luck on the check flight, hope you're cavity free, and be safe ...................................

36_1_11.gif

Back