Cagers too close

Thanks for all the response. I think separate and evade sounds best, at least best of all the legal ideas
biggrin.gif

Slowing down also has another benefit. It provides you with PLENTY of extra time to react to whatever is going in in FRONT of you, which means you likely won't get rearended
Some one has been to the MSF BRC.
You know taking the MSF class made me a much more aware driver too!

Each person has their own methods, but I'll tell you what. Most of the time (if there is traffic) its a lot more dangerous to try to evade.

Good luck.

Just saw on the local news down here that a cager took out a bike in a case of Road Rage, looked like some kind or Cruiser type bike. Killed em, the biker. I will try to post up the story in the morning from the local Paper or News Channels.

David

One motrcyclist who made the Darwin Awards got pissed off at a tailgating semi truck. His solution; slam on his brakes. RIP.

I've been known to hit the brakes, flip them off and then leave them setting there wondering where I went.
tounge.gif

Slowing down also has another benefit. It provides you with PLENTY of extra time to react to whatever is going in in FRONT of you, which means you likely won't get rearended
Some one has been to the MSF BRC.
You know taking the MSF class made me a much more aware driver too!

Each person has their own methods, but I'll tell you what.  Most of the time (if there is traffic)  its a lot more dangerous to try to evade.

Good luck.
I totaly agree . The MSF BRC and ERC are the best.

I've been known to hit the brakes, flip them off and then leave them setting there wondering where I went.
tounge.gif
I have giv'in folks a good scare like that too...hit the brakes and watch the jacka## behind crap a load trying to slow down and then hit the throttle and forget about it...most of the time though I just gas it and get away from them.

A few weeks back I gased it to get away from a pack of morons on the freeway (one of the cagers changed lanes and forced me out of my lane at which point I decieded to speed up (triple digit speeds) and left the whole pack of cars behind for a safe hole to ride in...well, one of the cars in the pack was a leo...got pulled over...I guess the leo seen it all happen cause when I explained it to him he just said be carefull...man did I get lucky.

Glad Leo saw things ozz. He should have pulled over the cager for riding too close.

I'm usually riding fast enough to where cagers can't tailgate me. If I'm in heavy traffic, us SoCal Riders lane split, which for me, feels so much safer if done in a very SAFE MANNER.

Can't remember who told me this, but I tried it and use it often it really works. When the cager's are riding your azz down the road then start weaving in your lane aggressively. They always back off. Even after you stop they will not get on your azz again. Guess they think your gonna start stunting. I know it's not the safest thing to do, but it has never failed.

Every situation is different, but generally if I am being tailgaited and I can't get over, I'll gradually slow down.  If you speed up, usually they will too.  So I won't hit the brake or anything, just roll off the throttle a little.  That combined with the hand gesture (slow down) and the head turn around will usually get the point across.  Usually what happens is they ride your a$$ all the way down to what ever speed, you speed back up, they do to, you repeat.  Eventually they'll get the message and back off a little.

Slowing down also has another benefit. It provides you with PLENTY of extra time to react to whatever is going in in FRONT of you, which means you likely won't get rearended unless you had some sort of mechanical failure on the bike or something.

It's too bad there are so many inconsiderate people out there who cause us this grief.  ...and you can't speed up, I mean what are you gonna do when you catch up to someone else and the moron is still riding your a$$.

...and when they stop right behind you at the light sometimes I will roll back on them,  Just like I do in my 'manual' car.  MOST cagers don't REALLY want to hit you, they just want to make you mad, or aren't even paying attention.  So relax have fun with it.

Ride safe!
thats what i do

The weaving in the lane thing works great! Most times though, people are just in a bigger hurry that you are. Move over and let them pass. choose your battles. That one is not mine.

Can't remember who told me this, but I tried it and use it often it really works. When the cager's are riding your azz down the road then start weaving in your lane aggressively. They always back off. Even after you stop they will not get on your azz again. Guess they think your gonna start stunting. I know it's not the safest thing to do, but it has never failed.
A variation on this works well when you're being tailgated in a car, as well. Just weave like a drunk would do. They always back way off or otherwise seperate from you.

Back