Damn California Cagers

Dont know how u guyz handle the freeways daily. I allways look for the back roads & I hate I80 even in my truck! I listen to the sacramento traffic reports alot and there seems to allways be reports of ladders, furniture, lumber ... all kinds of crap in the middle lanes and allmost daily a report of an acident involving a rider. I was at the sac airport yesteday and they were loading up a zx10 that had gone down. Looked like a car was involved.

Okay, perhaps he shouldn't have been cutting it loose on the freeway, but I'm going to have to give the azzhat award to the motorist in this case. People like that are dangerous even when you're going much slower than triple digits. The way I see it, if you're going to pull out in front of anyone you should have the common courtesy to hit that little rectangular pedal on the right and not make them brake to avoid you. Pulling out in front of somebody and going 15 under the speed limit isn't just being rude and inconsiderate, it's downright dangerous. It's no different than swinging into somebody's lane and playing chicken with them - making somebody slam on the brakes to avoid you is NEVER all right.

I think the complaint here is simply slow drivers pulling out into a faster lane and then going slow... happens all the time everywhere. What I hate more than anything is people that slow way down to turn and don't use their signals to give you a warning! I hate that! In Alabama people do NOT use turn signals! It's ridiculous!

yeah i think the person saw you and thought it was their duty to slow you down.

nothing really you can do about it. if an accident was to happen, they'd just say you were haulin azz and so would all the other witnesses you had blown past just moments before.
sad.gif

4 lane freeways are dangerous. Period. IF you fly down a freeway it's best when it's a 2 laner with minimal or no traffic. But that's obvious.

LA freeways can be bumpy, too... more of a risk.

Everyone here lets the ponies play. And I'm sure we aren't always smart about it. So I can't rag on you or I'd be a hypocrite...

Your on a so cal freeway speeding, a speck in someones mirror when they merge  
AAAssjani.gif
 KAPLOW! Who caused this tragedy ?

oh....and by the way....even though you probably would not do it....throwing stuff at another car is something we'd all like to do.....however, if it careens of the windshield and into another car and causes an accident....what do you think is going to happen? You will end up in jail or worse. There is no way you throw something at a car on the freeway and it just sticks. It will always ricochet off and into something else......

don't be foolish....

(umairhashmi @ Sep. 10 2006,17:50) While i would never pull OUT in front of anyone i have blocked crazy cagers in the past.Last week i was in a 2 lane road going at 50 or so.Suddenly some ricerboy in a honda civic comes up zooming.I adjusted my speed to the exact same as the car next to me.Kid flashed his lights n honked but i didnt move.Im sure he had fun being stuck behind us for like 20 minutes or so  
tounge.gif
The only option of passing he had was to get on the grass and pass but he didnt do it.
AAAssjani.gif
you suck!!!

Why did you feel the need to do that??

(babuski @ Sep. 11 2006,06:50) oh....and by the way....even though you probably would not do it....throwing stuff at another car is something we'd all like to do.....however, if it careens of the windshield and into another car and causes an accident....what do you think is going to happen?  You will end up in jail or worse.  There is no way you throw something at a car on the freeway and it just sticks.  It will always ricochet off and into something else......

don't be foolish....
Voice of reason.

Closing speed is a real problem based on your numbers you were about 60 mph faster. That means even if they switched lanes 1/4 mile in ahead there is only 15 seconds till you are on them. Cut this to a couple of hundred feet for a normal spacing and you have a major problem. Regular drivers just do not even think about that kind of closing speed. A small object such as a bike makes it even more difficult to judge looking in the rear view.

(Wag @ Sep. 08 2006,13:52) Throwing things at cars can be considered assault with a deadly weapon. Have a care out there. Besides, you don't want the bastage taking it out on the next guy.

--Wag--
It can be considered as that, but keep in mind traffic law has more loopholes in it then this country has curves in the roads. Proof of that is in how many incidents we hear of motorcyclists getting killed with the negligent driver getting off with a suspended license. Same stuff happens with other vehicals as well all the time. Had a cop tell me if ya ever wanted to murder someone, do it on the road. You just may get away with it!

In terms of tossing stuff at morons windsheilds, i've done it. Ball bearings or marbles make the statement though i've used rusted old masterlocks before. All incidents had the chumps right on my tail so close i can't even see their grill. Never did it thinking it would slow them down or stop them (though it very well did), rather just to let them know what can happen with the next rider they tailgate. Plate wasn't hard to reach behind and hide either so that nixes much they can report.

I've had a freind who said Pink paintballs are the best fun. Just the fact of splatting up their car is better then actual smashing damage.
laugh.gif
I don't do it that much anymore. Just give them the one finger solute and go into "Ghost Rider" mode. If they're dumb enough to try and keep up like an enraged Jeremy Clarkson......well that's their accident to deal with when it happens (oh and it does....trust me). I'll be in the next zipcode enjoying my life.
beerchug.gif

As for "taking it out on the next guy", reason why the cager pulled in front of a speeding bike posted here in the first place was probably for that. People are morons and any smart rider will treat them as such and expect the worst from every vehical they encounter. Never assume they're watching out for you or won't harm you. That's suicide no matter what your speed is.

move to pa...where the only congestion is during construction season wich is right after winter..and last to ...winter

(COLDSTONE1298 @ Sep. 11 2006,23:15)
(Wag @ Sep. 08 2006,13:52) Throwing things at cars can be considered assault with a deadly weapon.  Have a care out there.   Besides, you don't want the bastage taking it out on the next guy.

--Wag--
It can be considered as that, but keep in mind traffic law has more loopholes in it then this country has curves in the roads. Proof of that is in how many incidents we hear of motorcyclists getting killed with the negligent driver getting off with a suspended license. Same stuff happens with other vehicals as well all the time. Had a cop tell me if ya ever wanted to murder someone, do it on the road. You just may get away with it!

In terms of tossing stuff at morons windsheilds, i've done it. Ball bearings or marbles make the statement though i've used rusted old masterlocks before. All incidents had the chumps right on my tail so close i can't even see their grill. Never did it thinking it would slow them down or stop them (though it very well did), rather just to let them know what can happen with the next rider they tailgate. Plate wasn't hard to reach behind and hide either so that nixes much they can report.

I've had a freind who said Pink paintballs are the best fun. Just the fact of splatting up their car is better then actual smashing damage.  
laugh.gif
 I don't do it that much anymore. Just give them the one finger solute and go into "Ghost Rider" mode. If they're dumb enough to try and keep up like an enraged Jeremy Clarkson......well that's their accident to deal with when it happens (oh and it does....trust me).  I'll be in the next zipcode enjoying my life.
beerchug.gif

As for "taking it out on the next guy", reason why the cager pulled in front of a speeding bike posted here in the first place was probably for that. People are morons and any smart rider will treat them as such and expect the worst from every vehical they encounter. Never assume they're watching out for you or won't harm you. That's suicide no matter what your speed is.
I hope your not ridding out here in CA. The last thing we need is another road rager. Just change lanes accel around them and continue with your life.

(warwgn @ Sep. 08 2006,14:flamethrowing:) I know what you mean, they were playing traffic police!!! They know you were speeding so they feel it's their duty to slow you down. I would love to shoot those people who do that
mad.gif
 Or the ones who move over so you cant pass just beacuse they can!!!
Yeah, we have to weigh in all factors... Unfortunately, this beotch decided to play CHP on you. However, even though I always speed like a psycho, you were going faster that conditions permit. You know there is always going to be one idiot CHP wannabe on the road to play rolling roadblock. Now, had it been the middle of the night with no-one else around there would have been problems.

(babuski @ Sep. 11 2006,06:50) oh....and by the way....even though you probably would not do it....throwing stuff at another car is something we'd all like to do.....however, if it careens of the windshield and into another car and causes an accident....what do you think is going to happen?  You will end up in jail or worse.  There is no way you throw something at a car on the freeway and it just sticks.  It will always ricochet off and into something else......

don't be foolish....
Definitely a voice of Reason!  I have never seen a safe mode on the 405 Fwy that 110 could be anywhere near prudent!  That would make you the Menace on the Freeway not the Car!

Do you not DRIVE a Car (or Cager as you call it)?  A lot of us Ride and Drive, and are BOTH Bike and Car Enthusiast.  Here in SoCal people, including myself are as fond of our Automobiles as we are of our Bikes, And I Guarantee you one thing, in that moment of Rage that you decide to throw something at a moving vehicle, endangering and DAMAGING the alleged violater and perhaps others, YOU most likely will be the one Hunted down and SHOT!!!  Show a little compassion for the person that may not have even seen you, Especially if you are riding like a JERK at 110 mph on the 405!!!  Have a little respect for others and others property.

Ok I see there must be a few misunderstanings, first off, I was not on the 405 when this happened, I was up in the Valencia area on the 5. Secondly, I never thought about throwing anything, I did think of Kicking the mirror off, but not throwing anything. Thirdly my biggest complaint was that she not only merged into my lane to block me but as I tried to get around her she wouldnt let me. I can except fault for riding so fast, but as I stated before no rider ever deserves to be cut off and blocked no matter what speed.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 12 2006,09:00) I hope your not ridding out here in CA. The last thing we need is another road rager. Just change lanes accel around them and continue with your life.
Peep the third paragraph mon. Said I grew away from doing it much since i've found the worst thing you can do to them is flip 'em off and smoke 'em. Sometimes i don't even do that and the morons just want to take chase because pulling ahead and away "offends" their lil world and ego (especially true with the sportscar/tuner crowd). Dusting them punishes them bigtime since they can only A). sit there engulfed in their own self-brought rage that they couldn't push their weight on something smaller yet much faster then them or b.) foolishly take chase and still get left behind providing they don't crash or get a cops attention first. Bottom line whatever they do after i get on the thrust and ditch them is their fault alone Since i'm parting myself from the situation altogether. Last I Checked, humans can only drive one vehical at a time.
biggrin.gif
And that's if this mess starts with them behind me. If they're in front acting stupid i'll back off or change my route if possible.

And that brings me to the one thing I will suggest that I got from a past thread: If you can memorize their plate number and give a vehical description, after you part yourself from the morons call 911 and report them as a DUI. Cops are not kind in dealing with DUI reports. Thing is your not lying or making a false report at all. They're driving reckless and erractic, they almost WACKED you, and despite if they are drunk, stoned or enraged they obviously need to be yanked off the road NOW! If there's anything that'll teach them a lesson to remember, it'll be meeting a pissed off cop who has to deal with thier BS now.
firedevil.gif
And you are doing your part as a good citizen/motorist and making a effort to make the roads a bit safer.

(BigSimp @ Sep. 12 2006,16:24) Secondly, I never thought about throwing anything, I did think of Kicking the mirror off, but not throwing anything. Thirdly my biggest complaint was that she not only merged into my lane to block me but as I tried to get around her she wouldnt let me. I can except fault for riding so fast, but as I stated before no rider ever deserves to be cut off and blocked no matter what speed.
True but i've hardly met a cager that's "Fair" to anyone let along motorcyclists. Whenever theres a bike accident the car/truck owner usually just has to say "I didn't see them officer or, they were going so fast". It's not like your gonna be in condition to tell your story and it's rare when witnesses will tell the fair side for the rider. And be it you were flying, eye witness testimony wouldn't be good for you if a accident did happen.

May wanna be more careful about pulling alongside and yelling at offending stooges let along busting mirrors. I gave that stuff up back when michigan passed concealed carry laws. Been trying to tell some of my freinds who i've known to get violent with moronic cagers when stopped to give that up after oct 1st. The "Stand your ground" bill which passed here in michigan goes in full effect on that date and besides being for homeowners, it applies for those with a CCW license and they can open carry in a car/truck. So busting mirrors and windows at the next red light could get a mad rider shot and it will most likely be looked at as legal use of deadly force.

Not sure how gun laws are in your state, but it's not like everyone follows them and you never know what they might have. Just be careful and expect the worst from others no matter what your speed.
cool.gif

Back