cagers..look out !!!!!

jwest

Registered
well after seeing alot of post lately about cagers cutting people off and pulling out infront of us i wear my gopro 99% of the time for the day i get something on video...

well here in the link below was a day a few weeks ago,this women in a VW was in the left lane,me in the right,we were cruisin about 75 or so...no cars behind me for atleast half a mile...yet she had to get infront of me to get to her exit...watch thew video..and its closer than it looks....enjoy

driver.avi‬‏ - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, they cant wait and just get behind you, they have to pass and cut you off.

Not to defend her, but at least she used a turn signal and didn't cut in so close that you had to take evasive action. Those are the ones that send me off the deep end.

Glad you're okay :thumbsup:

Not to defend her, but at least she used a turn signal and didn't cut in so close that you had to take evasive action. Those are the ones that send me off the deep end.

Glad you're okay :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing.

At least you knew what she was gonna do. Unlike some who would have just swerved in front of ya.

Yea i gave her credit for the turn signal thats why she got the horn and not the one finger salute....lol

yep that was uncalled for...not to give the wrong impression,....but...thats one a the reason why I`m usually doin` the passin...at least till I get `my space`
Glad she didnt clip you..I bet it was closer than it looked.

Yea i gave her credit for the turn signal thats why she got the horn and not the one finger salute....lol

Now a betting man would say you passed that vehicle ran up beside her and saluted. :laugh:

umm yeah... i really dont see anything wrong with this, and it is, in my opinion, far from a cut off.... she? was moving faster than you, signaled, and moved thru the lane, didnt slam the breaks in front of you or slow down to try and "protect you from going too fast" or something like you of the hear as an excuse from cagers, i can agree that as her exit was right there she could have gone behind you, but i maintain that i see nothing wrong with what she did... just my 2cents

The person driving the VW was an absolute idiot. Who gives a S&^%$ that she signaled? It was a completely unecessary and irresponsible move. Why did she have to pass and cut the bike off? She had to slow down on the exit ramp anyway so why not move into the right lane behind the bike, get off the gas in anticioation of the exit and slow down. Pure cager as*h()&!!

I see this stupid move at least once a day and wonder what the hell people are thinking (obvious not thinking).

I saw a Volkwagen, driving just a bit faster than you were, signal and pass through your lane with lots of room to spare. No need to even touch your brake, no sudden unpredictable movements. I don't see what the problem is.

I saw a Volkwagen, driving just a bit faster than you were, signal and pass through your lane with lots of room to spare. No need to even touch your brake, no sudden unpredictable movements. I don't see what the problem is.

I agree

found this one under the one you posted.. stay away from trucks and keep your eyes open for whats coming up behind you.

Same here..

it does look like she had alot of room but the gopro gives the perspective there was more room than there was,the ones that say she had lots of room if you were there you would have said differently...and i might have saluted her after passing the car but she was one of those cagers that if you dont look at the person you just pissed off it didnt happen...lol

to me anyone that doesnt give me atleast 1 car lenghth between us is cutting me off,,,people know that a motorcycle has no chance against a car ....

but the point is why did she have to pass me to get to the ramp..the lane behind me was open for atleast half a mile ....

love my gopro....lol:thumbsup:

it does look like she had alot of room but the gopro gives the perspective there was more room than there was,the ones that say she had lots of room if you were there you would have said differently.

I'll give you that ! The GoPro's lens does magnify the distance a good bit so what you see is in reality probably half if not a bit less. You can get an idea just from comparing windscreen & mirrors in shot, they look like they were being filmed from someone sitting in the passenger seat position, anyone can go sit on their bike and see they are nowhere near 3-4ft away as they look in vid so that would make the 15-20ft space it looked like she had really about 7-10ft not much more than a bike length. Think about it that way and keep in mind roughly 70 mph and it seems a little different. And you can see in the mirror that she was going roughly same speed at first and then looks like she seen her exit and sped up just to get in front of him.

Anyways, it happens all the time. Just gotta watch your azz and expect the unexpected always.

I loved the raised dump bed hitting the overpass in the second video. Classic!
I know what you mean about the vw cutting you off. I can't stand people in cars that do that. I am guilty of driving like that on the busa, but I don't get that close to other vehicles. It's not worth dying going from A to B.

Not a bad play in my opinion.

She made a safe maneuver around a couple of cars in her area- who cares if there was no cars in front or behind- she wanted to speed up and make the pass before the exit, and she did just fine.

Saying this is wrong because we are on a bike is putting us on a pedestal.

Hop off the pedestal and accept that it was a safe maneuver.

I've seen / been involved in moves that were 1000x worse...

Back