Twin Fork Ride

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Hooked up with fellow board member JohnStein for a ride today. It was an awesome riding day for the 5th of November.

Met in Hampton Bays and went easterly on South Fork first stopping by Sag Harbor then on to Montauk Point. Was a great ride with far too many cagers (even a porsche carrera posing at 35mph in a 55 zone?) but no close calls or oops.
First obligatory .Org pic is in Sag Harbor. John said "but the signs say..."

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131233394 -->

Two_Point_ride_001.jpg

Okay, so maybe membership does have its priviledges with the little things...

Two_Point_ride_002.jpg

On to Montauk Point, "The End"
Lots of cagers but some nice pedestrian "sites" also.
smile.gif

Two_Point_ride_003b.JPG

Quick ferry ride to Shelter Island and then the North Fork. The ferry Captian was a bit rough on the crash landing but we survived.
wow.gif

Two_Point_ride_005.jpg

Then out to the Orient Point on the North Fork. This is where the Ferry from Conneticut lands. Thats why sign is there.

Two_Point_ride_006.jpg

After we remounted I realized the thousands of little stick like things weren't actually pine needles, they were freaking finishing nails.
mad.gif
Nice.

Had a great ride John, was awesome to finally meet a .Org member and ride with another Busa. Even though there were a few "occasional" verbal reprimands for speed, I hope the pace wasn't too slow !!!
laugh.gif

Ride safe !

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131232777 -->

Great pics PD! You and I can't ever ride together though........we'd get ribbed somthin' terrible. You not only have the exact same bike as I, youv'e got the same helmet too!
tounge.gif

Great taste man!

you don't have a JR Blaster jacket too do ya MJN?
rock.gif
wow.gif

ya know, the fastest color combo  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Phew!! No. At least we wear different jackets! I have a Rocket perforated leather jacket...not sure what the hell they called it 4 yrs ago.....

Oh, and I wear Buell gloves! Betcha YOU don't !
tounge.gif

Sorry dude, we still cant ride in the same group.....just don't think either one of us could take it;

"Oh, how cute! You guys MATCH!"

Just not me man!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

NO WAY, BUELL GLOVES
rock.gif
???

er, no I don't !
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Note to self:
If/when travelling to the left side of US map, take other lid.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yea, you've got slip-ons too....run with a different lid and we're good to go!

I like my pegasis branded gloves....lots of good armor,,,they fit good, and unless you know what your'e lookin for, you won't notice! So keep yer trap shut, OK?
tounge.gif

After we remounted I realized the thousands of little stick like things weren't actually pine needles, they were freaking finishing nails.
mad.gif
Nice.

Had a great ride John, was awesome to finally meet a .Org member and ride with another Busa. Even though there were a few "occasional" verbal reprimands for speed, I hope the pace wasn't too slow !!!
laugh.gif

Ride safe !
was a great ride ! always good to meet members , this is truly a great site , loaded with good people ! !the pace was great , good mix of twisties and a few straits to stretch the legs ! the sites were unreal montauk and orient point are two of the reasons i love long island, today was the first time i saw them both in one trip , i didnt know we had nice twisties on the east end . thanks for thetour of those back roads , and the copy of the map so i can hit them again ! for a november day you couldnt ask for anything more we definatly stole this ride !
beerchug.gif

yeah those nails freaked me out a bit !
wow.gif
was great to finaly meet pdbusa ! i spend a lot of time lurking and readin through all the posts on the org. so when i finaly get to meet somebody and go ridin . it feels like i have known them for years ! so if you have a chance to ride with another member ? do it , you will not regret it !
biggrin.gif

hope we can get more busas on the next run !
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back