"Cage bashing"

I am against it. Mostly because I dont want to get shot. LOL. I hear a hand full of pennies may work at high speeds though...:whistle::whistle:

Actually heard that from a cop!

Why yes, I believe that cop was right!

Also, what's all this talk about how people would chase the biker down? If someone is on a sportbike and really doesn't want to be caught by a cager, chances are they won't be caught. Think about it.

I've snagged one mirror and it was in "self defense". Idiot in a truck was laughing as he stared at me while trying to run me over while two up. After about 3 minutes of trying to avoid the idiot, I claimed his mirror. He drove off. The end.

I rarely do more than cuss them out in the inside of my helmet and shake my head. Going around town tagging mirrors because you have road rage is asinine!

Why yes, I believe that cop was right!

Also, what's all this talk about how people would chase the biker down? If someone is on a sportbike and really doesn't want to be caught by a cager, chances are they won't be caught. Think about it.

On that day by that cager. But if they happen to see you again...it could go very badly if they catch you unawares.

Plus, the negative experience could cause them to treat EVERY bike that much worse, possibly even creating one of those "Whenever I can get away with, I run 'em right off the road types."

I am against it. Mostly because I dont want to get shot. LOL. I hear a hand full of pennies may work at high speeds though...:whistle::whistle:

Car to give more details? I never heard this before and I hate pennies so this could be a win win for me. :)

lol think about what pennies do to paint at 120 mph.. especially paint that is on the car of someone who almost killed you...

two wrongs dont make a right, but 56 pennies make a HELLUVA SHOW!:rofl:

I believe this is more urban myth than anything! I don't think somebody responding to a situation like this would be alive or on the street (not in jail) for very long.

But wow - how stupid if true. I even wonder about folks who have "Friends" like this... This is a criminal/bully mentality.

I think it is a bad move. It will just cause that cager to begin to hate all mc riders. Not to mention, it is only a matter of time before you friend ends up in jail for damaging someones car or in the hospital cause they ran him over after he took their mirror off.

i normally just give them a salute while shaking my head at them and cursing in my helmet. Yes cagers need to be aware, but i don't think some of us sport bike riders don't realize how hard it is to see us when we are coming up fast or crack the throttle to get around a car. I actually about ran one off the road in my service van a few years back. I was on my way home from work about 2 am cruising down the freeway, saw a single headlight in the distance behind me (maybe like a 1/4 mile), put my turn signal on and merged over very slowly and next thing i see is the guy nearly running off the road hitting the guard rail. Scared the **** out of me, and i'm sure even more him, he must have been doing well over 100 to gain on me that fast. This was before i even started riding sport bikes, i was aware he was back there but he was riding like a moron doing 100+ right by me when i had my signal on and merging, and i was in a really big cage:laugh:

i think the bashing of the mirror is pretty stupid and even more dangerous. I am always watching the car next to me on the freeway and actually expecting them to merge into my lane though, so when they actually do i am not surprised. Had it happen quite a few times, most of the time when i cruise by them shaking my head they look more shocked and terrified than i am that they almost ran me off the road.

whats a cage

Well, it's sort of a purpose built room...no, wait. Ok, it's kind of a holding area with a door and, ahhhh, that's not it. Alright, it's something with bars and sometimes a lock for... Ahhh, forget it. Use the JOOOGLE!

cage - Google Image Search

Here's and example. And this cage comes with loo! :rofl:

cage.jpg

I've heard of guys doing that...I'll be honest, it doesn't bother me, but for me, I wouldn't do it. I'd assume that cager would follow me, run me over, call the police...I think there are a lot of cagers that deserve a wake up call, but when you're out riding on two, you're definitely at a disadvantage if you tick off the wrong cager...

Just my :2cents:

Well it doesn't bother me either but it does help the hatred towards bikers by cagers an LEO, would suck to get that heat on me when I am on my bike for what someone else did. Seems like that what happens. As another poster has said anyone can make a mistake smart people try an learn from theirs an move on try harder not to make the same mistake twice.The cager that got his mirror smashed probably doesn't even know why. A horn an a gesture would probably get better results. Wonder how your friend would feel if a cager decided to teach him a lesson with his car for something he did wrong.The old slam on the brakes cause you too close always come to mind, amongst other things.

Last edited:
For me two thoughts come to mind on this subject:

1) The gross law of tonnage. Car vs Bike Who do you think will come out the winner?

2) Karma is the mother of all BEOTCHES!!!

Well it doesn't bother me either but it does help the hatred towards bikers by cagers an LEO, would suck to get that heat on me when I am on my bike for what someone else did. Seems like that what happens. As another poster has said anyone can make a mistake smart people try an learn from theirs an move on try harder not to make the same mistake twice.The cager that got his mirror smashed probably doesn't even know why. A horn an a gesture would probably get better results. Wonder how your friend would feel if a cager decided to teach him a lesson with his car for something he did wrong.The old slam on the brakes cause you too close always come to mind, amongst other things.

All very true; I agree...I just didn't want to judge those that have done it or will do it when I'm a road rager myself, just not while I'm riding the Busa...it's not the right thing to do, I get that, but I also understand how your adrenaline gets pumped when you feel like your life was threatened while riding, so I can understand why guys do it, I just choose to not put myself in that place. I have only heard of guys doing it from this site; not something I've ever witnessed myself...

..too much of a risk, and yes, it does add to the opinion of sportbikers as just plain bad...

Punching out a mirror sounds cool until you get stuck in front of him at the next red light and don't know what to expect. I usually just get in front of them and shake my head at them.

our buddy sounds like me. Done that a few times. And no they don;t call the po po b/c - you're GONE. My worst was a guy screwingwith me - rode in his blind spot for a bit then rode up fats next to hmand actually opemned hi door on the highway. Wannna so a HOLY SHOT look. HAhahahaha. He didn't follow or call popo. They dont call b.c they are jst as guilty. If it ever gets too bad - split some lanes and use the Busa hp - GONE. Im a bit older and wiser now but occassionally I reflect on those options.

Something even mor efun - on a windy road, get in front and slowly speed up while he's on your ass. wait for the low speed hairpin and use gears to slow and turn - 50% of the time hes in the ditch or flipped. Priceless.....

I am against it. Mostly because I dont want to get shot. LOL. I hear a hand full of pennies may work at high speeds though...

Unless Im riding to work I have a glock with a full 1 round clip and one in chamber to my belt. Just happens to be visible sometimes..... helps prevent issues. If you;re in a state where you can carry - consider it. :thumbsup:

If I ever meet your buddy at a bike night, I'm gonna pop him in the head, hard.

How many times has a cager tried to hit me or another biker because of what your dumba$$ buddy did to that driver and now he has it out for all of 'em.

Stupid POS. Flip the driver the bird and let it go at that.

--Wag--

All very true; I agree...I just didn't want to judge those that have done it or will do it when I'm a road rager myself, just not while I'm riding the Busa...it's not the right thing to do, I get that, but I also understand how your adrenaline gets pumped when you feel like your life was threatened while riding, so I can understand why guys do it, I just choose to not put myself in that place. I have only heard of guys doing it from this site; not something I've ever witnessed myself...

..too much of a risk, and yes, it does add to the opinion of sportbikers as just plain bad...

Didn't mean nothing by quoting just brought the thoughts an memories up,

a friend of mine did it, he almost broke his hand an lost control of his bike, he did it cause the guy was going to miss his exit an decided to change lanes an used his car to force us out of his way so he wouldn't miss his exit. Don't know how fast this poster's friend was going but the guy we were riding with was doing about 65 so he had to speed up an past the cager, balance the bike with hand do a striking motion connect with a solid object (hard one at that) that was mere inches away from his bike( that was also changing lanes) It's hard to describe but even harder to watch. I thought he was a goner. Any he chooses to do this move good luck an godspeed rider:please:

Back