My Pastor's Bike.............What is it?

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
The Pastor of our church is a rider and he parked his bike at our house tonight.
He has always had a bike and is a good safe rider, yet I have never been on a ride with him I have only been around him riding in a cage and following him somewhere and that's why I know he is a safe and sane rider.

But what I don't know is ......What is his ride?
I know it is a Honda and I think it is around 1200cc's, maybe?
I have never really been into the baggers and Harley knock-offs so I can't tell what it is.

But, I do know that you guys will be able to ID it and give me all the details.
This is what I love about this site, so much information and biking experience.
I would like to ride with him and at least be able to tell him I know what kind of ride his bike is.

Always good to get on the Pastors list.:laugh:
Thanks ORG.
Bubba

IMG_6960.JPG

IMG_6961.JPG

IMG_6962.JPG

IMG_6964.JPG

I believe that is a Shadow 1100. Solid reliable Harley knock-off. Not very exciting as bikes go (only my personal view) but very popular and last forever if maintained.

I don't thinkI know of any other V-Twins that Honda did that size.

Clean bike. I'd ride with him...:-)

I believe that is a Shadow 1100. Solid reliable Harley knock-off. Not very exciting as bikes go (only my personal view) but very popular and last forever if maintained.

I don't thinkI know of any other V-Twins that Honda did that size.

Clean bike. I'd ride with him...:-)

chain driven 1100?

I thought they were all shaft?

its a shadow 1100

not a 750.

chain drive, carbuerated, very sackless, but the engines run awhile, not very popular to mod. decent bike buthas nothing on its rebuild the VTX series.

The 750 Shadows were shaft driven. I was goin to say a Magna but I don't remember if they were shaft or chain drive.

--Wag--

The 750 Shadows were shaft driven. I was goin to say a Magna but I don't remember if they were shaft or chain drive.

--Wag--

I had a Magna for a year and it was a 700 with a shaft drive, some fun until the cams went soft. That is what threw me into the Suzuki mode.
I am pretty sure this is a Shadow, but he had it repainted and all the info is gone on the bike except it still has Honda on the clutch cover.
Thanks for all the input and when he gets back I will confirm the size.
Love this site for all the info!:beerchug:
Bubba

It's a Shadow 750. 1100's were never chain drive. I've had two, one 91, one 97, and seen far too many. The 1100's were also twin plug cylinder heads, and the cooling fins on the head were significantly larger in diameter than the cylinder. Magna's in the 90's started with chain drive, but the older V45/65's were shaft drive.:beerchug:

Not trying to be a smart butt but maybe ask him?

Yeah I was waiting and deserving that. When he gets back I am going to ask him again, I know he has already told me once, but my addled brain can not remember the date and details.
Should not be long before he gets back.
I'll let y'all know soon.
Bubba

Well he just informed me that it is an '03 750 Shadow ACE.
Ever heard of the ACE?
Some kind of America classic era maybe?
thanks for all the info Guys!
Bubba

Back