Buying a new busa tomm what should i know??

Lets see list 1 welcome to the board 2 congrats on your soon to be purchase 3 PICS 4 get ready for the perma-grin it is linked to the throttle looks like this
wow.gif
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
5 Maybe most important this board is just as addicting as the Busa is

wow.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Wow busy board i cant beleive how many replies i got already! Thanx for the welcome guys.  
smile.gif

Ya ill be taking it easy especially with those new tires. Been doing a lil reading (well actually alot) on the board and im thinking about doing that motoman breakin. Im thinking let it idle till its fully warmed up, then be pretty gentle the first few miles just to get everything spinning and working. Im thinking 5-10 miles into ill do a few 2nd an 3rd gear blasts, nothing too crazy but get it working. Lil engine breaking in 2nd and third then do some more cruising with the occasional spirited run and change the oil then really start having some fun. Does that sound like a descent kinda inbetween way of breaking it in? I wanna do the motoman thing a lil but also take it a lil easy, lil of each's advice i guess. Ive always loved these bikes and wanted one and i wanna make sure i take care of it from the start.

Good thing reminding me about the new tires and letting em wear in and get the oils out of em. Almost forgot all about it. See you helped me already!  
cool.gif
Ill get some pics up tomm night after i get a few miles under its belt and bring her home.
Erm...

I would positively recommend AGAINST doing a break-in other than that which Suzuki specified.

Why?

Hack on the internet vs. a WHOLE BUNCH of guys with a WHOLE BUNCH of letters after their names who spent a WHOLE BUNCH of time and money developing that motor and know it better than anyone else.

The other advantage the Suzuki break-in has? Getting you used to the machine before you get nutty with it - it can bite, and bite hard. Treat it with kid gloves for a while.

the local dealer in miami, would not budge off of 10,200 and thats not including tt&t, for a non limited.
Forget them and go somewhere else. Maybe it's their last 05' they plan on selling. Their are lots of dealers in FL w/in a few hours. Try Riva Motorsports south of Miami. They have 05' models listed at $9995.00, but personally I'm looking for less.

If you can wait the dealer out say, "I'll make the purchase for $9700, call me if you can't get the $10,200.00 your asking for."

I just bought my leftover 04' limited for $9400 out the door, it was still in the crate when I looked at it. Make sure to ask them about the hole in the frame on the right side.
smile.gif
The hump is included.

Wow busy board i cant beleive how many replies i got already! Thanx for the welcome guys.  
smile.gif

Ya ill be taking it easy especially with those new tires. Been doing a lil reading (well actually alot) on the board and im thinking about doing that motoman breakin. Im thinking let it idle till its fully warmed up, then be pretty gentle the first few miles just to get everything spinning and working. Im thinking 5-10 miles into ill do a few 2nd an 3rd gear blasts, nothing too crazy but get it working. Lil engine breaking in 2nd and third then do some more cruising with the occasional spirited run and change the oil then really start having some fun. Does that sound like a descent kinda inbetween way of breaking it in? I wanna do the motoman thing a lil but also take it a lil easy, lil of each's advice i guess. Ive always loved these bikes and wanted one and i wanna make sure i take care of it from the start.

Good thing reminding me about the new tires and letting em wear in and get the oils out of em. Almost forgot all about it. See you helped me already!  
cool.gif
Ill get some pics up tomm night after i get a few miles under its belt and bring her home.
Erm...

I would positively recommend AGAINST doing a break-in other than that which Suzuki specified.

Why?

Hack on the internet vs. a WHOLE BUNCH of guys with a WHOLE BUNCH of letters after their names who spent a WHOLE BUNCH of time and money developing that motor and know it better than anyone else.

The other advantage the Suzuki break-in has? Getting you used to the machine before you get nutty with it - it can bite, and bite hard. Treat it with kid gloves for a while.
+1

and welcome! Ride safe and sensibly!
When you hit about 500 miles, check your chain slack, mine was a bit loose and needed a tad adjustment. Put a phillips to those bar ends once in awhile, they have a tendency to loosen up too.

Back