Buying a new busa tomm what should i know??

Big Bad BlackSS

Registered
Well im going to be buying a busa tuesday afternoon. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or can tell me anything to make sure i get with the bike, ive herad of people being screwed outta stuff taht was supposed to come with in the past. Does the backseat cover come with a new bike or is that extra $$
rock.gif
Im looking to buy a new 05 silver/blue or maybe the limited edition dark grey one. Just a lil nervous and wanna make sure i do everything right.

Ill be buying cash not financing so i dont need to worry about the financing headaches. Thanx for any tips orr info you all can give me, everything helps! Ive only bought used bikes from private people before. This will be my first new anything.  
jump9.gif

super.gif

Make sure you get the keys!
laugh.gif
The only thing that would be an issue is the hump, but it should come in a separate box. Everything else is right there. Make sure to do a walk-around and that nothing is leaking. Check the clutch lever to ensure that it is tight. Other than that just leave the parking lot carefully and then ride it like you stole it! Welcome to the board! Post pics when you get it.

The hump should come with the bike, not cost extra cash. (It's not really a cowl for the back seat, it's a replacement for it, so you actually have to remove one to place the other.)

Welcome,the most important item is to scrub the tires in properly before you go ballistic.
Happy motoring and keep it shiny side up, or rubber side down.

Wow busy board i cant beleive how many replies i got already! Thanx for the welcome guys.
smile.gif

Ya ill be taking it easy especially with those new tires. Been doing a lil reading (well actually alot) on the board and im thinking about doing that motoman breakin. Im thinking let it idle till its fully warmed up, then be pretty gentle the first few miles just to get everything spinning and working. Im thinking 5-10 miles into ill do a few 2nd an 3rd gear blasts, nothing too crazy but get it working. Lil engine breaking in 2nd and third then do some more cruising with the occasional spirited run and change the oil then really start having some fun. Does that sound like a descent kinda inbetween way of breaking it in? I wanna do the motoman thing a lil but also take it a lil easy, lil of each's advice i guess. Ive always loved these bikes and wanted one and i wanna make sure i take care of it from the start.

Good thing reminding me about the new tires and letting em wear in and get the oils out of em. Almost forgot all about it. See you helped me already!
cool.gif
Ill get some pics up tomm night after i get a few miles under its belt and bring her home.

Have them loctite the shifter!!!!!

If ya don't it'll rattle loose in about 4-500 miles! Seems to be a VERY common trait.

And not real fun when it happens while traveling:p

Congrats on the purchase to be. Also welcome to the board/obsession!!!
laugh.gif

dont be a stranger, ask all the ?'s you got.... this is a newbie safe environment.... unless you like to ditch the cops when you got a passenger...
laugh.gif

be safe in chitown.

BBB - remember.... cost for that bike is like $9350 or something like that! Use that to negotiate!! If you want - call me @ work tomorrow after 9 a.m. central time. I will give you exact figures.

BBB - remember.... cost for that bike is like $9350 or something like that! Use that to negotiate!! If you want - call me @ work tomorrow after 9 a.m. central time. I will give you exact figures.
I acquired a report that states the Suzuki cost to dealer is $9250.00 + $50.00 avg. for shipping.  If they say you are wrong ask to see the invoice w/ the matching VIN #.  Say, "OK prove me wrong or why do you have a problem showing me how much you paid."  I did this with a car dealer.  I told them if they did not show me their invoice I'll leave and go somewhere else who will and they will get my business. Don't be an a-hole, just tell him you want to make sure you are both negotiating the facts only.  This is the dealer you want to work w/ you down the road should maintenance issues arise.

Keep in mind that you are in control not the sales shmuck.  You are the one shelling out $10k+.

As stated, ~$9,300.00 is where the negotiating starts.  This is the dealer's NO PROFIT cost before tax, setup fee and tt&l.  Work on the set-up fees.  The bike comes in a crate (some assembly required).  Dealers charge anywhere from $75-$175 around here.  Tell them this is an unacceptable fee and you shouldn't have to pay the cost for them to do business.  You are buying an operational bike.  You don't see people buying cars with all the doors off.

They should be happy to get 5% over their cost depending on local supply and demand.  I started my search here and have received quotes at $9,999.00 over the phone.  Once you get there in person and they see you are serious you can widdle away at them, especially if they have a large 05' inventory.

Don't be afraid to walk out the door.  I had a dealer call me 5 minutes after I left talking about how he "went to bat" for me and was able to get my price today.  What a f*ckhead.  He could have "gone to bat" for me earlier and offered this to me before.  I told him from my experience with him I don't even want to buy a bike anymore.

Again, if you ever feel you are getting f*cked by the guy go straight to the sales manager and if need be straight to the general manager.  I hope this helps as I to will be using these tactics to buy an 05' if everything goes well.  If not I'll save up for the 06' model.

<!--EDIT|oZo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122962312 -->

the local dealer in miami, would not budge off of 10,200 and thats not including tt&t, for a non limited.

money talks and a deal is what you should expect.
Welcome to the board and get some gear thrown in for free.

Back