Should i get a busa!!!

Busa1987

Registered
Well to start offf ive been riding for about 6 months and feel comfortable riding anything....Well anyway ive been riding my freinds GXSR 1000 its what i started on...but i dont feel the bike is suited for me!! why? because im a big dude im about 6'5 280 lbs.....big guy i guess and i need a bigger bike...ive been looking into haybusa's i havent had a chance to get on one yet...I just wanted to see what you guys think should i get one or stick to the 1000 which i feel small on.....Ty for your imput...it counts.....

Mosey on over to your local Dealer and try one out for size........
Thats the only way to know for sure....... But It sounds like
it will be a good fit..........  Hope this helps.......

Oh Ya          
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

IMG_0008.JPG

Maybe i should test drive one....can you pull off any stunts with busa's....ive talked to certain people and they say its hard to maneuver a hayabusa or not a stunt bike...and im sure its heavy...its a drag bike right? but can it be done?           -ty

Don't listen to any these guys, get a GOLDWING, you'll never look back,

because you'll always be lQQking foward at the rear of my Busa tail lights.  
tounge.gif

(Busa1987 @ Sep. 06 2007,00:53) Maybe i should test drive one....can you pull off any stunts with busa's....ive talked to certain people and they say its hard to maneuver a hayabusa or not a stunt bike...and im sure its heavy...its a drag bike right? but can it be done?           -ty
Say whaattt?!?  
rock.gif

If you're looking to get into "stunting" there are better bikes out there for that. If you want the best over all bike ever made, get the Beast !! Everybody loves to talk about "how the Busa can't handle", what's funny is 99% of them never had a leg over one !! There was a video a while back somebody posted here, with someone stunting a Busa ?

I would not by a Busa and try and stunt (stoppies,wheelies,ect.)
in stunting you will drop the bike and the Busa is not cheap to fix.
As far as riding the Busa handles well and with enough practice it
will extremely fast in the twisties. One thing to not is that you can
ride this one all day (400-500 miles) and still be able to walk the
next day and that just ain't happening on a 1000.
I say a Busa for you sir.

If you want a bike to stunt on get a used gixxer or cbr. If you want the best all around bike made get a Busa!

Ride safe and have fun!

For you
rock.gif
......NO, don't even waste your time with a Busa.......it's not a stunter's dream, it's not cheap to maintain or repair, you're looking for something with horsepower to move that big body, but a Busa ain't your answer..........

"Stunting a BUSA....now who in the world would want to stunt on the Lamborghini of motorcycles
rock.gif
........."HELLOOOOOoooooo
rock.gif
?".  He isn't ready, he needs something else to effectively get his skills established on........and I don't mean a 14 either.  Let's not get this kid killed.......
super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I'm also confused as to why people equate their body size to a motorcycle.

"I'm a big buy, so I need a big bike."

No. No you don't. You need a bike that meets your needs. If you are stunting, go find a Bandit, or an SV, those things are torque machines.

The Hayabusa is classified as a Hypersport Motorcycle. Meaning that it was specifically designed with fast in mind. Not stunting.

The advantage of the Hayabusa is that it does all things well. It's not quite as good through corners as a lighter 600 or a litre, but it's still very good in the corners. It's not the best bike out there for touring when you look at the BMW1200 or the Goldwing, but it tours well. When you play to it's strengths though ... it's one of the fastest machines in stock form on the planet. While no longer the "fastest", it's the iconic representation of the word "fastest".

Basically, if the jack of all trades was simply better than average at all of his trades, but only perfect in one of them... he would ride a Hayabusa.

(Nekosohana @ Sep. 06 2007,09:27) Basically, if the jack of all trades was simply better than average at all of his trades, but only perfect in one of them... he would ride a Hayabusa.
Well said!
beerchug.gif

My Busa stunts without permission, I'm just along for the ride. But seriously buy a 600 for stunting, put a cage on it, rear brake lever up by the clutch, smash the tank in on top, etc.

Dude, the Busa ia a proven bike even after 9 years. You'll fix better on it than a 1K that's for sure.

beerchug.gif

I love mine, but I dont stunt. If you are looking for a stunt bike, others recommended a good bike for that purpose. If you want a good bike that will do most everything else, this is it. By far the most advanced and best bike I have ever owned.

Back