What should I buy?

I got a bike before joining any motorcycle forums. My own reasoning was 600 cc bikes is good engine size. But because being larger then adverage, maybe go with 750cc. Then there was the size of the frame. Found Kawasaki and Suzuki brands make a larger bike in general. Began hunt for a 750 suzuki or kawasaki. Ended up getting a what's called a Standard street bike "Naked Bike". Very comfortable to ride cause handle bars are high and sitting is straight.
I did know enough not to get a liter bike. It was too much HP to start with. Found out later when discussion beginner bikes the 750cc is too much.
Whatever bike you get, get something you'll enjoy after you've learned to ride. So the bike will be too much at first, but survive it
biggrin.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>" THE" best & safest way to do this is to enrole in a motorcycle riding course where they have their own bikes... they teach you step by step..make sure you are good to face the deadly challanges and quick thinking skills you WILL NEED out there.... the course only costs about $300 & you can dump their bike all day..without having to pay for damages... then later on do the ADVANCED riding course which is fun...they teach you stuff that may save your life someday...IF you dont have a motorcycleing school close by find a kid with a 50cc short dirt bike pay him a $100 to borrow his bike for a while or buy a used dirtbike...take it out in the open WARE proper riding gear
....and go all out......good luck..</span></span>

<!--EDIT|sproket
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075951491 -->

DONT buy a busa. unless you have great self control. Only you know your limits.

what if your an expert Dirt Biker? is the transition hard to go from dirt to road?
no I didn't think it was....I considered myself an above average dirt bike rider....not a racer but I've ridden a dirtbike every year since I've been 7 (about 15 yrs).  I found the transistion just fine.

busa was my first street bike and the power was amazing.  I think I had enough experience to be fine when switching.

just don't get too wheelie crazy on the street as we do on the dirt  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075987359 -->

what if your an expert Dirt Biker? is the transition hard to go from dirt to road?
no I didn't think it was....I considered myself an above average dirt bike rider....not a racer but I've ridden a dirtbike every year since I've been 7 (about 15 yrs).  I found the transistion just fine.

busa was my first street bike and the power was amazing.  I think I had enough experience to be fine when switching.

just don't get too wheelie crazy on the street as we do on the dirt  
biggrin.gif
lol, allright man thanks.

i think for my first bike im going to get a 600.... i like smaller bikes, but the busa is by far the best looking bike out there.

GREAT INFO AND I AGREE WITH ALL BUSA IS A BAD 1ST BIKE ,,, JUST TO MUCH POWER FOR A BIGGINER AND THE BIKE GETS GOING TO FAST... YOU DONT EVEN REALIZE IT BECAUSE IT IS SO SMOOTH...
smile.gif

Like many other said, but this is how I started.
You can read in chronological order all the bikes I had.
Started with the off road bike.
My first road bike was small, no power but perfect.
Even after many years, when I got my first gixxer 1100, I was caught going faster that I taught.
The busa is not forgiving.

Be patient.

Welcome to the club

Back