buying a busa - 2003 vs 2006

hubris

Registered
I have a choice between a 2003 Hayabusa or a 2006

The 2003 I can pick up for $5500 while the 2006 is $7500

Any real advantages to picking up the 2006??

It's the same bike. What color do you like better? :laugh:

This seems moreso a question of your budget. If you can afford the newer, get it.

If you are on a budget & money is tight- get the 03.

Lastly, get the '03. You now have $2000 in your pocket to do mods with. Imagine that. :thumbsup:

It's the same bike. What color do you like better? :laugh:

This seems moreso a question of your budget. If you can afford the newer, get it.

If you are on a budget & money is tight- get the 03.

Lastly, get the '03. You now have $2000 in your pocket to do mods with. Imagine that. :thumbsup:

don't worry I already have a part list from your site :beerchug:

06 vs 03 == same bike different colors. go with the best cared for one if $ is not an issue...though with 2k, you could buy a LOT from our sponsors :whistle: :beerchug:

I'd go with the 06' but thats just me maybe I'm biased :whistle:

IMG_0262.jpg

03 for sure? 1000mls diff, you'll put that on it in a week If you need some help spending that $2 g's I coud use an nx dry kit and a set of seven inch swing arm exten's :laugh::rofl:

Here in Canada there were a few differences.
In 04 we got the "Flash to Pass" switch.
Four way emergency flashers. And the, Parking lights (Turn key all the way backwards)

Other than that, they are same.

I have the 06 Dallas Cowboys Limited Edition. :laugh:

Last edited:
get what makes you happy, if they are in about the seems condition I would go with the 03.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mechanical/cosmetic condition should be first priority in making your choice. The busa engine over the years has proven to be pretty much bullet proof, so buying either one, it's gonna be a win-win proposition! :thumbsup:

In 04 we got the "Flash to Pass" switch.
Four way emergency flashers. And the, Parking lights (Turn key all the way backwards) Other than that, they are same.

Same here in the US.. I would go with the '06 unless the '03 is the Anniversary Edition.. :thumbsup:
Man I miss my old '03 AE gotta love the orange.. :thumbsup:
ec1f96a0.jpg

wouldn't the insurance also be less on the older bike? seems like everything points to the older one if everything else (mechanical/cosmetic/maintenance) is close to the same.

Back