Busa vs. ZX-14?

this is so simple

1st : do you plan to mod either bike ?(if yes then busa)
2nd: will you be giving some a ride for more than 1hr or so?(if yes then busa)

that back seat of the 14 is alot smaller and harder on the butt not to mention its just covered by a plastic cover.
even though the 14 is better on the driver when going the distance who realy got these bikes to take it nice and easy(unless ur like me and nice and easy and a tuck fits together like corruption and politicans

Last edited:
A whole lot more Busa's are sold, compared to the ZX14. There is much more support in everything from forum to aftermarket for the Busa.

That is enough for me.

Heard horror stories about the motors in ZX14 going bad months after they were sold. I mean come on, you're askin this on a Busa Forum?!?! Wonder what they'd say on the ZX forums... :laugh:

Here's my point of view: There isn't a better trannny or motor made than the Suzuki. I track my Gixxer on steroids and she is buttery smooth even under track stress. I have never seen a Z-14 out on the track...ever...I'm sure some guys do but I've never witnessed it. The Busa has a long history, let me repeat...long history, of having a bullet proof motor and tranny. There is an entire bike culture built around the Busa. There must be a thousand different after market things you can buy for the Busa. The big Kawi doesn't have the mystique or culture that the Busa does. I don't have one bad thing to say about the big Kawi. In fact...If I want to go more toward a touring bike...the Connie just might be the ticket I'll punch. My real question for you is this...do you like it when someone comes to your house late for dinner? Have you ever felt the tranny shift on a ZX-14 versus the buttery click of a Busa? I am biased...and this is a Busa board...but there just isn't anything behind the name for me when it comes to Kawasaki ZX14. You are in that most dreaded of the dread mode..."which one?" Pick one and never look back...But a bike is mostly about the motor and the tranny...the rest is asthetics...Long live Suzuki...2hip

2hip: i dunno if i would call the tranny in the busa "bulletproof" - especially with the 2nd gear issues so many people have.

Just ride both of them before you make your decision. I am not brand loyal at all, but it will be real hard to get me away from a 'Busa!!!:beerchug::thumbsup::beerchug:

ZX14's have to be camouflaged before they look good.

zx14.jpg

Umm Von that thing is still FUGLY!!! can you put some more camouflage on it?

I have both and like them both...
+1. Here's my lengthy .02 cents!

I bought my 08 first and bought my 06 ZX14 at the end of the 08 riding season. Why buy the 14 you ask, well because i can and it was a sweet deal of $5K with 3k on the odometer.

The first thing that grabbed me was the difference in seating. What i like about my 14 is that the seating position is much lower then the busa which results to less pressure on the wrist. Some Busa riders complain about the seating position but they sell risers to fix that.

The weight distribution on the 14 is much better then the Busa, by specs the bikes weigh about the same but the 14 feels much lighter then the Busa while riding and throwing it back and forth while riding in the twisties. The Busa has a larger fuel tank by half a gallon.

Braking for both i have no problems with, i'm running braided hoses on both bikes with stock rotors and pads. I owned a ZX7 for about 3 months before buying the Busa and 14 but 3 different bikes in comparison. Now from what i hear about the gen2 busa the braking has improved compared to the gen1. Don't know because i've never ridden a gen1.

I like the styling of both and have since swapped out the Foreman grills for solid panels on the 14. Wasn't a big fan of the gen2 tail at first but has grown on me since. Both of my bikes are lowered, stretched and blinged out.

Aftermarket parts for the 14 are hard to find and the maintenance cost for me run the same and i tend to ride them both hard. i deal with the same mechanic and i have never had any tranny or engine issues like people have been claiming on my 14. I wouldn't go as far as saying the Busa has a bullet proof engine/tranny but a combination that has been proven to be dependable over time. Service them regularly and the setup will last you the entire time you own it.

Performance wise i have them set up the about the same. I have the same exhaust, run PC3 on both bikes and dynoed. The Busa shifts smoother and seems to have a better throttle response then the 14 but corners worse. I can lay the 14 over easier for some reason in the few twisties i've rode on. My wife and i do alot of riding together and we always open them up on a nice stretch of highway and because she's lighter then me she always beats me regardless of which bike i'm on. The 14 has a nice midrange powerband but not enough to to pull away from the Busa at the top end. Never had either of them down the track and really don't care to, track racing is about like NASCAR.....boring IMO.

Cult following the Busa has the 14 beat by far and i'm on the 14 forums as well. Alot of debate of which is faster or a better built bike on both forums, there are alot of facts and alot of BS but in the end its all in rider preference.

Will i ride with Busas on my 14...yes i will. Have i out raced other Busas on my 14...yes i have. Do i get challenged by other 14s when i'm on the Busa not really because here in Dallas, i see alot of Concourses, i just don't see many 14s out. I have more liter and a few 750 bikes wanting to run me when i'm on either bike. Liter bikes give me a good run. Am i mad because i can't beat my wife....YES I AM. I would rather lose to her then some douche canoe on the street! I'm now looking to buy a Zuki liter bike.....why because those damn liter bikes are wicked fast and the wifey says i can! What in hell am i gonna do with 3 bikes, don't but it'll be fun to trying to figure out what bike to ride when its not raining.

I would suggest you ride both bikes and see what you like. IMO both bikes are about the same and yourself will have likes and dislikes after you ride them. In the end its gonna be your preference and how much you want to spend. Busas have a following which in general tends to drive the cost of the bike up but with the economy the way it is Busas and 14s are getting cheaper. If you search the net you can find some nice bikes out there.

I hope my .02 cents helps you. I just wanted to share with you since i own 1 of each.

Just go sit on one, ride it and if you like it, BUY IT :cheerleader: . Who cares what anyone else says, it's YOUR MONEY !! Both bikes are so close, I doubt you could use all the capability of either, so which is faster or whatever is a mute point. I still go with, WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE :beerchug:

I guess that's why I keep my Ducati's, I JUST LIKE'EM :thumbsup:

They both are very nice bikes. I think the 14 is a little more comfortable to sit on but I prefer the my busa's position for aggressive ridding. Honestly if I were just going to cruise the strip I would probably pick a 14. My '08 had a bit more snap right off throttle than my buddy’s 14 did but I hear you can fix that. Both of these bikes are stupid fast and will take you from 0 to jail in about 1.5s. I wouldn’t use the no 2010 version to base a decision on which to get unless the kawi is getting a major overhaul. If you just want to get the newest and coolest thing go with the new BMW S1000rr. That’s #1 on my hype meter.

There are a plenty of 08',09' Busas and ZX14s left over for that matter. Why does it have to be a 2010? I don't think that anything would change other than the color any way! Big deal!???

Not rocket science doc!???

Have you taken a look at the front of a ZX14.

Nuff said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eyes.jpg

I love the Busa and can careless for the ZX-14. There are a lot of things that you can do with the Busa, with all the aftermarket companies geared towards the Busa. I am in Kawasaki right now and I tell you what. The time and effort it take to work on the ZX-14 is unbelievable do to the design. I don't know what Kawasaki was thing about with the ZX-14. The motor is fast, but you can't do anything with it, without spending a ton of money, so pound for pound the Busa is the better choice when it comes to performance upgrades and power.

I was a Kawi fan all my life and then I found the light.
The Zx14 is Yoogly !
It will fry your legs when you ride it.
The 2010 Busa even if released here is a carry over of the 09 far as I know so why not buy new leftover and the $ you saved can go to mods ?

You can't go on Hayabusa.org and compare the zx14. Be cereal man, the Hayabusa is all RAWRRRR and zx14 is like meow.

Back