Busa Turbo Boost limits ?

turbohayabusa

Registered
Hello everyone

I am unsure of what boost I can run in my bike?
Newly built gen 1 busa turbo,
spec is
Low comp JE Pistons 9.5:1
Big cc kit
Power commander
Msd ignition
Standard rods
Big injectors
no intercooler or charge

All your help would be appreciated

Id say no more then 9-10psi on pump gas from the little bit of info you gave. Lot of variables. Whoever tunes it should be able to tell you. Why no rods in it?

The boost you can run on regular petrol is determined by the dynamic compression ratio increase under boost from your built static compression ratio (determined by your engine builder). There are other factors such as the turbo size dictating the air inlet temp in & exhaust back pressure out & its effective scavenging. If this is the bike that was recently on ebay (built by DSD before they closed) then it would have a GT30 Turbo which is fairly good on its inlet temps in comparison to some other stuff out there.

You should be good (if it is correctly tuned) to take it to a max 12psi of boost which is typically in the 330hp range with dumps or less with a full rear exhaust. My preference for that though is to have that on a 2 stage boost switch & run 6psi - 7.5psi for daily riding which gives it nice n easy manners & flick it up when you want more. That set up normally works great for road going bikes.

I believe Grumpy at DSD did not build that bike with a 2 stage or with a map sensor fuel enrichment to the PC but its easily done.

If you are running race fuel, the boost / power you can then go to is dictated by the engine strength = con rods which being stock is 1 bar 14.7psi or 350hp max. Whichever comes first. If you get stuck just give us a call.

Thanks Big CC

Yes its Clives old bike from ebay that DSD built
Sorted a few issues with fuel and spark after finding a small kink in the fuel line and coil wire earthing out.
Also smoking issue when on the side stand, oil level.

Was thinking of running a bleed valve to up the standard boost which the spring is returning (6 psi )
I have a standard busa if I'm in sensible mode so just want this bike at the moment out and out fast.

Steve Jordon Motorcycles will be remapping her.
They checked it on the dyno last week and it was running a little lean.

Think next year may have to do the rods and go for 400 :-)

Back