NON-BUSA turbo question (Buick GN 4.1 at 24lbs boost) Please move thread if it needs

Kevin Jones

Registered
My dad has a ridiculous GN running 24lbs of boost and he is a great mechanic, forgot more than I will ever know but he does not know turbos, especially as freaked out as this one is. He has had it for about 6 months, replaced cam and crank timing sensors and done the things that he knows but he is still getting a high rev miss and is scared to even drive it any distance, which I don't blame him. I had to explain to him this morning that the power commander does not alter timing, only fuel and he realizes he needs a dyno tune with a map (EPROM/ECU or whatever that thing is running for timing) in order for it to run right. He lives in Crystal River, and I think he needs a dyno tuner who has killer knowledge of those motors and how to map that insane setup. Not just somebody who will download prebuilt maps and fiddle. I think it needs to be someone who can edit very well, if that is what cars need, same as bikes. Does anybody know any shop in Tampa/Orlando or Central FL that might be able to help him?

Re: NON-BUSA turbo question (Buick GN 4.1 at 24lbs boost) Please move thread if it ne

yes! Cal Hartline is the best Turbo Buick tuner in the country. He is in Melbourne Untitled. there is also Don Cruz. he does complete builds and is in Tampa (Don Cruz in Tampa 813 486-0081) there is also KDK (KDK Performance-407-298-2706) they are in Orlando and are very good.

I have owned 6 different Turbo Buicks and have one now. ANY of those I listed will get the job done. here is my last setup.....http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...1987-turbo-t-street-car-for-sale-mint.331195/

Re: NON-BUSA turbo question (Buick GN 4.1 at 24lbs boost) Please move thread if it ne

Thank you so much! Dad is really needing a good helping hand.

Thanks for the help Brett. Dad has some money together now and we are going to aggressively see if we can get this thing running right. I think he was going to give the guy in Orlando a call. I asked him to try and explain to me what kind of computer or ECU or EPROM or what controls stuff and he said something about changing out chips for different levels of boost. I dont know. I think we need to get that thing down to the mildest level just to get it out to somebody else we may need to trailer it.

the easiest way is to buy a chip from Turbo tweak TurboTweak I'm not sure if ur using alcohol injection or not. if u are then there is a chip for that. if u don't run alky I wud highly suggest that he has an ally kit installed. he can get a speed density chip but that will have to be tuned. that wud be his best bet but not necessary. guys have gone low 9's with a simple chip.

KDK in Orlando can get it done.

Thanks for the help Brett. Dad has some money together now and we are going to aggressively see if we can get this thing running right. I think he was going to give the guy in Orlando a call. I asked him to try and explain to me what kind of computer or ECU or EPROM or what controls stuff and he said something about changing out chips for different levels of boost. I dont know. I think we need to get that thing down to the mildest level just to get it out to somebody else we may need to trailer it.

Has alcohol injection, I know its a 4.1L. I dont know much more than that other than the first time I saw it, I saw that the frame had tweaked from torque from previous owner as stuff just didnt look like it lined up. He has been lurking on the buickturbo forum trying to learn. We will give KDK a call, thanks Brett.

np. then yes get the Alky chip. u can go to about 25 lbs. KDK will help u get it done. lmk how u make out.

np. then yes get the Alky chip. u can go to about 25 lbs. KDK will help u get it done. lmk how u make out. and make sure he invests in a H&R rear sway bar. its an absolute MUST to stop the car from twisting. plus it will just ride 100% better. won't feel so sloppy.

http://www.hrpartsandstuff.com

Back