boost=hp

personally i think a 3076R or maybe a 35r if you're nuts would be about right. the 4094 was just the first one i clicked on. i'd actually been considering one for a supra (same as the hks t51 series)
im a master power dealer and went with a t61 master power turbo and its just about perfect for the app i am using it for (drag)
prostreet class and its just below the legal limit

Without getting too specific.. I would rather see some 1/4 mile times to see what the machine is really doing.. Not to discount anyones sense of "Feel" but there is no such thing as a butt dyno that is really accurate.

If it goes out there and runs 8's then I would be looking at the turbo combination but my guess is the bike may get trounced by a stocker in the 1/4 mile. (have seen a number of turbo bikes annihilated in the 1/4 by stockers) Dyno mules do not necessarily make good or fast rides...

by the way, we use that exhaust housing (split opening) on the diesel kits we built and sold for a long time (.95 and 1.05s on the T04 made 7-15lbs of boost depending on fuel load) and they did not really do anything special that I could see on the rollers. (different application so may not have any relation to the same housing on a gas motor)

I hope I don't come across as an internet hard head....but a stock bike would be lucky to even keep the tail light of this bike in there view. TrickTom had the same kit and I believe he trapped in the 180's on a street chassis with just 6 over and some not to hot 60 foot times and i believe he weighs 230 or something "hes a fatty"....you are correct about dyno queens and i guess you could classify my bike as that but it still gets the job done. Like I said not trying to be like a smartass just giving my opinion, its also surprising how well the bike handles it doesn have an elka shock on the rear....it feel so smooth and like its built to cruise at 170. It would be fun to let someone take it down the track, i personally could care less about 1drag racing but it would be fun

Last edited:
Have a question figured our people running turbo's would be a better source. Guy we shall leave the shop nameless claims he can get 450hp from an RCC kit with 12 lbs of boost??? Haven't met to many guys with turbos but the 2 that I know are running more like 20-24 lbs of boost to get those kinda numbers. Are my friends dealing with bad tuners and installers, or is this guy some kind of tuning genius???

My other guess is this guy is full of **** an I should keep looking for someone else:laugh: Not saying he is mind you just having a little trouble swallowing what he is shoveling that s all:laugh:

Like to hear from the opinions of the dyno tuners here also they deal with this non stop an even tune installs done by others

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say hes big time full of ****....my GT4094 only makes 330Hp at 15lb with 3 degrees timing pulled , but then again its pulling a big heavy 240 tire and my bike really could use some turbo cams....so even with turbo cams and a normal size tire I bet i would only be at 350-360....so yeah hes full of it more than likely or unless he knows something that we don't

017.jpg

I hope I don't come across as an internet hard head....but a stock bike would be lucky to even keep the tail light of this bike in there view. TrickTom had the same kit and I believe he trapped in the 180's on a street chassis with just 6 over and some not to hot 60 foot times and i believe he weighs 230 or something "hes a fatty"....you are correct about dyno queens and i guess you could classify my bike as that but it still gets the job done. Like I said not trying to be like a smartass just giving my opinion, its also surprising how well the bike handles it doesn have an elka shock on the rear....it feel so smooth and like its built to cruise at 170. It would be fun to let someone take it down the track, i personally could care less about 1drag racing but it would be fun
Just gotta say, I will believe when I see... just after way too many years of racing, I have heard lots of claims and in some cases, they have been backed up.. Turbo bike running 180 mph is not unheard of certainly but I have seen very few (if any) bikes I think are capable of running in the 8's and still running on the street..

Really, get the thing on a track and see what it can do... it is a great equalizer.. :laugh:

I remember my first drag boat race, I had a giant killer on the lakes... then barely qualified at my first event as in "slowest guy" on the ladder... Like hero to zero in 11 seconds... :laugh:

his kit was on tricktom1's bike that ran 8's
And there are loads of street bikes doing 8's that's a simple task for a street turbo kit
Remember this isn't cars LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

his kit was on tricktom1's bike that ran 8's
And there are loads of street bikes doing 8's that's a simple task for a street turbo kit
Remember this isn't cars LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

Ain't that the truth.....sitting at 66inches he went 8.4 at 189 and he said it had terrible 60ft cause he hadn't been to track in forever, that's a pretty fast streetbike, plus he weight like 230-240 suited I believe , I'm expecting yours to go real fast also chris
Posted via Mobile Device

Just gotta say, I will believe when I see... just after way too many years of racing, I have heard lots of claims and in some cases, they have been backed up.. Turbo bike running 180 mph is not unheard of certainly but I have seen very few (if any) bikes I think are capable of running in the 8's and still running on the street..

Really, get the thing on a track and see what it can do... it is a great equalizer.. :laugh:

I remember my first drag boat race, I had a giant killer on the lakes... then barely qualified at my first event as in "slowest guy" on the ladder... Like hero to zero in 11 seconds... :laugh:
My bike will run low 8's all day long and I ride it as a daily rider in the summer...Bogus how does your turbo bike run on the street? LOL your comments seem to always apply towards car applications. Your knowledge is well founded but things are a little different on bikes.

My bike will run low 8's all day long and I ride it as a daily rider in the summer...Bogus how does your turbo bike run on the street? LOL your comments seem to always apply towards car applications. Your knowledge is well founded but things are a little different on bikes.
I dont doubt that there are some 8 second street bikes but the majority of what I have seen? poorly engineered dyno mules that make big numbers sitting still...

The focus of these "kits" are big numbers on the dyno... and then they get out to the track and run high 9's and low 10's...

It is sad to see a guy run 180+ mph at an 8.90

post up some ET slips guys..

Not true. Sure there are some dyno queens out there, but any stage 2 Velocity or RCC bike with a good rider and properly set up bike can run 8's with ease and also ride on the street with ease...Rider element is important, I've been to the track many times and watched a dude run a 9.50 at 175 and 30 minutes turn the keys over to a GOOD RIDER and 8.40's 180+ on the exact same bike. I was one of those people. I ran a 8.97 at 178 mph at rockingham on my street bike a few years back and asked Mikey Slowe to make a pass on it in afterhours underground...well 7.88 at 191 mph. This was a Velocity stage 3 daily ridden street bike sitting at 66 ins. lowered and sticky michelin power soft. Granted trying to take this bike through the Deals Gap would be an effort but it would do it.{slowly}...lol

i stand by my previous statement, that it's an inadequacy with the flow numbers of a stock head, rather than the turbo. a 4094 is basically a T51R, and at 13-15 psi in a supra (not a busa, i know) will make 400 and change easily.

i stand by my previous statement, that it's an inadequacy with the flow numbers of a stock head, rather than the turbo. a 4094 is basically a T51R, and at 13-15 psi in a supra (not a busa, i know) will make 400 and change easily.

a 6 cylinder...with larger displacement....

we usually compare a busa motor to a 2.0L when it comes to HP comparisons and flow

This is a bike thread, for Busa's mostly, anyways, and if you want to throw cars into this my dragcar made 1600 HP on 18lbs of boost and went 6.20s

my point was that the turbo can flow that much air. airflow=power. 15 psi through a straw is less than 15 psi through a hole the size of a frisbee. i think head work would make a huge difference in a turbo bike. again, my 2¢. then again, it's still a 1.3l, all the head work and boost in the world can only do so much.

Back