Busa Turbo built for a Kit Car

SuperSeven

Registered
Hi Guys,

mi name is Michael, i am from Germany. I do not own a Bike but a MK Indy Kit Car wich is a copy of an Super Seven car. Til now i used it on track days, powered by a Yamaha R1 Engine. Since i´m looking for more power, i decided to change to Hayabusa turbo.

Now i have buyed a crashed 2004 Hayabusa and some aditional parts to start my Turbo Build.

My target is to built a Engine with a wide range of usable power but not so big HP. I think round about 300 hp with 100 octane gas wil be fine.
My car is also very quick in corners with the R1 Engine but cause of the cars´s style i could not get enough topspeed at the straits with only 150HP from the R1 Engine.

That is what i have til now:

-2004 Hayabusa Engine complete
-Wössner forged con rods
-Power Commander 6 PTI
-Autotune AT 200
-Quickshifter push sensor
-Turbo Header
-Intercooler
-Bosch 044 inline Fuel Pump
- fully rebuild Garrett t28 Turbo from Nissan S14
- Billet outputshaft
-ACL Bearings
Since i have no experience with Hayabusa engines i need your opinions in some things i have some doubt:

- Could i use the stock pistons with a spacer under the cylinder
- i thougt to go 9 to 12 lbs of boost, what comression rate i will need (wihch thickness of the spacerplate?)
- do i need FMU?
- could i use the stock fuel inyectors?
- Where could i get a base map for the PC6 tu fire up the engine (for shure wil be tuned on a dyno)
- Could i go with the stock oil system with baffle plate and biger oilcooler or must i change the oil pump or use dry sump?

I know there are a lot of questions but here in my region there are nobody with Hayabusa Turbo experience so i hope you guys could help me with my project.

I will not call it a low cost project but since i don´t want reach so high hp´s this build should be at a reasonable cost. I do 4 to 5 Trackdays (about 1000miles) in the season so the engine should be reliable in this time and it will do complete service in off season.
In the picture is my car where the Hayabusa Turbo engine will be build for.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-29 at 07.02.19 (9).jpeg

Wossner pistons, bigger injectors, .080 spacer plate, when u say 100 octane, u referring to e85? Or just hi octane/race gas? E85 would be a good choice.

Dry sump probably a good choice for reliability but idk if mandatory.
Thanks for your answer.
There are diferent Wossner Pistons, 10:1 and 9:1, do i need the .080 Spacerplate anyway? Inyector size 1000 cc?
E85 is very hard to get here. 100 octane is the race gas wich i could get at the race track.

Hi Guys,

mi name is Michael, i am from Germany. I do not own a Bike but a MK Indy Kit Car wich is a copy of an Super Seven car. Til now i used it on track days, powered by a Yamaha R1 Engine. Since i´m looking for more power, i decided to change to Hayabusa turbo.

Now i have buyed a crashed 2004 Hayabusa and some aditional parts to start my Turbo Build.

My target is to built a Engine with a wide range of usable power but not so big HP. I think round about 300 hp with 100 octane gas wil be fine.
My car is also very quick in corners with the R1 Engine but cause of the cars´s style i could not get enough topspeed at the straits with only 150HP from the R1 Engine.

That is what i have til now:

-2004 Hayabusa Engine complete
-Wössner forged con rods
-Power Commander 6 PTI
-Autotune AT 200
-Quickshifter push sensor
-Turbo Header
-Intercooler
-Bosch 044 inline Fuel Pump
- fully rebuild Garrett t28 Turbo from Nissan S14
- Billet outputshaft
-ACL Bearings
Since i have no experience with Hayabusa engines i need your opinions in some things i have some doubt:

- Could i use the stock pistons with a spacer under the cylinder
- i thougt to go 9 to 12 lbs of boost, what comression rate i will need (wihch thickness of the spacerplate?)
- do i need FMU?
- could i use the stock fuel inyectors?
- Where could i get a base map for the PC6 tu fire up the engine (for shure wil be tuned on a dyno)
- Could i go with the stock oil system with baffle plate and biger oilcooler or must i change the oil pump or use dry sump?

I know there are a lot of questions but here in my region there are nobody with Hayabusa Turbo experience so i hope you guys could help me with my project.

I will not call it a low cost project but since i don´t want reach so high hp´s this build should be at a reasonable cost. I do 4 to 5 Trackdays (about 1000miles) in the season so the engine should be reliable in this time and it will do complete service in off season.
In the picture is my car where the Hayabusa Turbo engine will be build for.

View attachment 1656405
Hi. I have JE custom made 10 / 1 pistons I would run the dry sump and I have ID 1050 cc injectors on the bottom set and ID 2600 for the top. Can you get VP Fuel? C16 or X98. Love you car. I had a Lotus Europa and a Lola T142 F 5000 race car.

Hi. I have JE custom made 10 / 1 pistons I would run the dry sump and I have ID 1050 cc injectors on the bottom set and ID 2600 for the top. Can you get VP Fuel? C16 or X98. Love you car. I had a Lotus Europa and a Lola T142 F 5000 race car.
Thanks Michael,
i must look arround if i could get VP or something similar here. But do you think its nesesary with my hp target?

Thanks Michael,
i must look arround if i could get VP or something similar here. But do you think its nesesary with my hp target?
Hi. I always over build. Why take a chance. I would have rods and pistons also go with a intercooled intake and a radiator and water pump for the intercooler. I also had Corrillo custom make rods for 1000HP and 13500 RPM. as the motor should make 900 to 1000GHP with VP M1 fuel.

Hi. I always over build. Why take a chance. I would have rods and pistons also go with a intercooled intake and a radiator and water pump for the intercooler. I also had Corrillo custom make rods for 1000HP and 13500 RPM. as the motor should make 900 to 1000GHP with VP M1 fuel.
Hi Michael,

since i go to Track only 3 or 4 times a year, only for my fun and not for competiton i think for me, i will overbuilt my engine. I desided to use a SBD Dry Sump system with oilcooler and electrical Water pump.
Bolts i will use APE for the head and Bottom and ACL Race Main and Con Rod Bearing.
Right now i am building my intake Plenum but i will use air to air intercooler.

Hi Michael,

since i go to Track only 3 or 4 times a year, only for my fun and not for competiton i think for me, i will overbuilt my engine. I desided to use a SBD Dry Sump system with oilcooler and electrical Water pump.
Bolts i will use APE for the head and Bottom and ACL Race Main and Con Rod Bearing.
Right now i am building my intake Plenum but i will use air to air intercooler.
curious on a car why the choice of A/A instead of liquid ?

Got a heavy duty output shaft which is a start.. get the transmission gears back cut, go with billet shifter forks and tool steel shift shafts. Of course freshen the trans up with new bearings throughout. And the big stud on the corner of the case by the output shaft.

Others may chime in here but ur Autotune system should probably not be used with a turbo. i just haven’t heard of that being safe.

Back