Busa thiefs

I have been a concealed carry permit holder for over a decade. I make sure that my .45 is visible when I dismount my bike or walking back out to it. I figure a thief would not want to chance me coming back unexpectedly to my bike after parking it. I don't ever park it over night outside!

I better add that you ought to check with your state's open carry laws. It took some getting use to, originally being from Detroit, lol.

Sorry to hear about your bike!

I keep mine in a locked garage with a motion detector. Doesn't mean it won't get stolen when parked somewhere. Even if locked a few guy can lift them in their truck and be off in minutes. I carry a piece when I'm riding and have a permit to do so.

It also helps to have firepower available on the home front should the need arise.. :whistle:

ZombieKillr-04.jpg

Jeeeez Luieeeeeez.. Good god man! I'm gonna have nightmares...lol...A picture of that on any mailbox or front door and I'd call it safe.

+1000 on lowjack and theft insurance.

In Missouri, the only legal defense you have for shooting a guy is if you felt you were in immediate grave danger of significant injury or death to yourself or others. Needless to say, you can't run outside and blast away while a guy is in your driveway stealing your bike. You may feel like you want to, but you cannot. Property < human life, even if it is a thief.

I have been a concealed carry permit holder for over a decade. I make sure that my .45 is visible when I dismount my bike or walking back out to it. I figure a thief would not want to chance me coming back unexpectedly to my bike after parking it. I don't ever park it over night outside!

All you guys talking about how guns are going to keep a theif away crack me up. Do you think they are going to steal your bike while you are looking? You can make if difficult, I use RoadLok, LoJack (enhanced), Scorpio with paging and an additional disc lock and park it close to the front door of where ever you are going. When at home keep in a garage and have a good barking dog. When I lived in Texas and had a CCW it had to be concealed you couldn't stick in your belt and walk around like a gunslinger, you are inviting the local law enforcment to screw a gun in your ear or just shoot you where you stand. If a professional theif wants your bike they will get it. But if they do come around and wake you up..good hunting! :thumbsup:

Bike alarmed.
Garage alarmed
When I'm away from house- all bikes chained to each other w/chain from the Queen Mary
When I'm home:firing::firing::firing: Followed w/a dirt nap w/rock salt + lime.

All you guys talking about how guns are going to keep a theif away crack me up. Do you think they are going to steal your bike while you are looking? You can make if difficult, I use RoadLok, LoJack (enhanced), Scorpio with paging and an additional disc lock and park it close to the front door of where ever you are going. When at home keep in a garage and have a good barking dog. When I lived in Texas and had a CCW it had to be concealed you couldn't stick in your belt and walk around like a gunslinger, you are inviting the local law enforcment to screw a gun in your ear or just shoot you where you stand. If a professional theif wants your bike they will get it. But if they do come around and wake you up..good hunting! :thumbsup:

Expected response from someone in Cali :laugh:. Obviously I am talking about doing this in a State that allows open carry. There are states that allow this even without a carry permit like Ky. I openly carried all the time while waiting on establishing residency. I also stated that I NEVER leave my bike outside overnight which should imply that it is inside. If someones decided to come inside and try and get anyone's bike while at home.............like you said..........good hunting. I am talking about short stops where I may decide to take the bike on a nice day. I carry 100% of the time unless I am on a Government Installation. So, if I feel the need to exercise my "open carry" right then I do. Criminals look for easy targets. I don't know how many Busas are in your area but seeing a gun carrying rider does not exactly appeal to many thieves. If I were a thief I would just pass on to one of the many others in the area. Maybe I should sell my weapons and depend on the alarm only on my house! A gun does not ensure it will never happen to me but I think I do help put the odds in my favor.

Last edited:
Expected response from someone in Cali :laugh:. Obviously I am talking about doing this in a State that allows open carry. There are states that allow this even without a carry permit like Ky. I openly carried all the time while waiting on establishing residency. I also stated that I NEVER leave my bike outside overnight which should imply that it is inside. If someones decided to come inside and try and get anyone's bike while at home.............like you said..........good hunting. I am talking about short stops where I may decide to take the bike on a nice day. I carry 100% of the time unless I am on a Government Installation. So, if I feel the need to exercise my "open carry" right then I do. Criminals look for easy targets. I don't know how many Busas are in your area but seeing a gun carrying rider does not exactly appeal to many thieves. If I were a thief I would just pass on to one of the many others in the area. Maybe I should sell my weapons and depend on the alarm only on my house! A gun does not ensure it will never happen to me but I think I do help put the odds in my favor.

Better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6! When I got to California from Texas a couple of LEO's at the pistol range saw my TX plates and wanted to know if I was carrying...LOL. They said they thought everyone from TX did and thought it was good idea. They are really lean on the CCW's here, maybe it will change someday when San Francisco secedes from the state! The big advantage to CA is that we ride all year round and the roads are awesome. Grew up in CA and it is a shame that the Liberals have ruined it. By the way, they are tryng to pass tailpipe smog checks for MC's here also.

I got Lo-Jack when I bought mine. I'm In Houston. The Dealer installed it for $150 and the Lo-Jack is a 1 time fee of $700. It comes with a key fob for the key chain so if the bike moves and the key fob isn't with it then Lo-Jack calls you and tells you your bike is being stolen. Then you call the cops and they activate the Lo-Jack and track your bike down. If the cops don't recover your bike within 24 hours Lo-Jack gives you your $700 back. I was told by the Lo-Jack rep. that bikes in Houston are recovered in an average of 45 min after the cops are called. By the way the rep. came to my work and took apart my bike to check the dealers installation of the Lo-Jack for free. He said they check up on about 10% of the installs as a quality control measure.

DSC00412.jpg

It amazes me how often this subject comes up.
This is a 3 or 4 year old post from when we still owned a Repo/Bail Enforcement company. Although alot of this info is vague(We are NOT going to tell you how to steal a bike just the best way to protect it) it should help alot.
Marie
Queen of the Banned

I'm STEALING YOUR BIKE TONITE!

And there's NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!
That got your attention did'nt it!
OK This is reply to the "Security"post I'm moving this info over from another website where I posted it last year.
My wife and I own a Repossession/Bail Enforcement company(Fugitive Recovery Service) and some times what we do is Very similar to what bike/car thieves do. We will stalk you looking for a good time/location that makes it convenient for us to take your vehicle. Here is My advice for what little it is worth to hinder bike thieves.

#1 Out of sight out of mind! Hide you bike! Buy a bike cover AND USE IT! If I can't see it I may not notice it!
#2 Park "inside" that may mean a garage, a storage building, or even a carport in the very front with a car in the back same effect as #1
#3 Use a lock! A disc lock OK, 2 disk locks Better, Heavy rotary Lock and square link chain EVEN BETTER. Motion sensor alarm, rotary lock, square link chain to immovable object,,,BEST! (Chain through thickest part of frame)DON"T chain through the wheel it can be removed quickly. Dont chain through anything that can be hacksawed quickly.
#4 DO NOT park UP on raised areas! It makes for a easier lift into a truck/van.
#5 At Work, Shopping, Vacation etc... Park in HIGH traffic areas near front doors main parking area etc.. this is the opposite of #1 now you want EVERYONE to see it.
#6 Don't tell people where you live,,, Paranoid yet?
#7 Use a secondary ignition kill switch. This is as simple as cutting the IGN hotwire or removing the IGN fuse and wiring a switch that will kill the circuit, then installing the switch in a hidden position.(ask me for simple diagram)
#8 Don't leave your keys ANYWHERE this includes IN YOUR IGNITION!
#9 Use the steering lock!
OK here's the deal. If I want it,I'll get it! Simple matter of fact, and a matter of time. YOU WON"T WIN! The difference between ME and a Thief,,,Is I want YOURS because you didn't pay, he wants ANYBODYS HE CAN GET.
You can't stop him if he wants it bad enough he'll get it! YOUR ONLY DEFENSE is to make yours UNNOTICEABLE or so hard to get he will go look for easier prey!
Remember Noise (motion alarms/Dogs) is the Badguys #1 enemy (GET OUT of bed go look!)
Motion sensor lights are #2 (GET OUT OF bed,,,)
There IS NOT A LOCK THAT I CAN"T BEAT!! Believe me! ITS A FACT!(most in under 3 minutes!)
Steering locks? 1 guy pulls on 1 bar the other guy sits on the bike and kicks the other bar, WALLAAAH! its just a small pin against a tab!
IGNITION locks? Most can be defeated by simply Driving a large screwdriver in there and turning with a wrench.
Why bother most bikes hotwire in under 5 minutes!
Yes the pick up and carry scenario beats disk locks!
Use the MASTERLOCK brand rotary lock its the hardest one I have found so far to pick!
Use a HARDENED SQUARE (Krytonite brand)link chain because they beat bolt cutters.

http://www.onguardlock.com/beastchain.html
http://www.kryptonitelock.com/inetis...s_item&pgrp=20

In my opinion the Onguard Chains are so close to the Kryptonite that it would make very little difference. Once you reach this level of security Anyone that is this determined to get this particular bike is going to attempt to defeat both of these locks in the same manner and they both offer about the same level of defense(They will defeat 99% of all attacks! And NO! I will NOT tell you what these three attacks are!. Buy what you want they are both great.

Wedge the bike between a car/truck and a wall where the vehicle has to be moved to get the bike.
At the Mall/traveling use ign lock, steering lock, 2 disk locks, 1 with motion sensor
Like I said just make it so its easier to get someone elses bike.
I said this earlier, if a PRO wants your specific bike, he'll get it. Alot of theft is joy rides or specific models for parts. By making your bike less obvious and harder to get they will probably move on to easier pickings. OH! Also I forgot to point out on the chain thing Make sure that it goes AROUND the LARGEST frame rail you can get it around, An aluminum seat stay can be hacksawed in under a minute, NOT THROUGH the swingarm or forks they can be removed Or a wheel removed

OK Hope this info covers most of the bases

Can't keep em from taking it if they really want it so the next best thing is catching them. Get Lojack!

Maybe some junk busas rigged to explode when they are lifted off the ground?:rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]

yeah, what he said. +10000

At home you could take a block of c4, a detonar and a electric shock dog collor, that way when the thives go beyond the boundery of you property....Boom......pink mist!! That's if they over come the ied filled front yard, two Dobermans and then this Marine. Just saying.

Back