Busa thiefs

pokitbusa

Registered
Looking for the best way to keep THIEFS from getting my bike. You know who I am talking about, the people who are not willing to work and earn the things in life which one might want. I had an 08 orange and black busa which I had painted all orange, 240 kit, two brothers shorty mufflers and alot of chrome. Well Thursday 5/21/09 some sorry low life stole it. It is a bad feeling. Now I will probably get another one but would like to know what the best way to protect the bike from getting stolen. It ia a shame that people like this keep some of us from being able to park our bikes somewhere and not worry about them. Well hope to see some ideas which may it better. HOPE ALL MOTORCYCLE THIEFS GET CAUGHT AND GET WHAT IS OWEED TO THEM.
LATER

I think it sort of depends on what type of thief you are trying to stop.. anyone determined is going to get it.. the casual joy riding punk is easily discouraged. (Roadlok)

When not riding, my bike is at home in a garage with video surveillance (uploads pics to the web if camera is activated)

you can do lots of thing but is not going to stop then from getting what they want. you are going to make it difficult but they will get it anyway.

I agree with Bogus, I have (had) a similar setup.
But then again, that's why I pay insurance, it may not cover the mods...

You could always relocate to an area that may have a low crime rate, but that's not a guarantee either...

Mental note, don't try to steal Mr. Bogus' bike!

Like Mr. Bogus said, anyone determined and has the tools, can pretty much steal any bike. Some of the more common theft deterrents are alarm, roadlok or other disc lock, locking the front forks, for a small fee, you can get a small tracking device and hide it on the bike and be able to track it from either your phone or from the internet. The best thing to do and what I do is to get theft insurance, lock the forks, and just keep an eye on it. You're not gonna enjoy the motorcycle if every second, you're sweating about someone possibly stealing it.

Can you provide details of the theft (where, when, etc.) and pics so we can be on the lookout? Man, wouldn't I just love to catch someone trying that with my 12 Gauge in my hand....

If they have low jack in your area that is a good recovery system too. Won't stop somebody from taking it but hopefully you'll get it back quickly. On one of the local bike forums here in Las Vegas I read about a guy who had his bike stolen. After calling the police he had the low jack activated and they recovered his bike in a warehouse along with about 7 other stolen bikes all within about 30 minutes of reporting it stolen.

You should still look at a good alarm system though. I prefer an alarm system that will shoot flames when someone comes within 2 feet of your bike and shock anybody that touches your bike with about 70,000 volts. :)

Set up a couple of those motion sensor machine guns like they had in the "Aliens" movie. On a serious note, my brother had a 750 Katana stolen right out of his garage (the garage door was down but he was out of town). If they want it, they will get it.

I agree with Nick...something to shock the crap out of them would not only be effective, but hilarious to watch!

pokitabusa, I'm really sorry, Its just really sad that this happens, were are the cops when ya need them? KARMA will get the thief!! Dont worry rider, good things will come to you. Some were along the line,that busa is gona bite that thief back in the @ss... Im really sorry.. Much love to ya..

Can you post a video of the "shock the crap out of them" device in action? LoL :thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear about your bike. I always worry about my bike, just my nature. What helps is knowing I have insurance with an additional $8,000 for accessories. Should cover it. Still, I always ride with a Ruger .380. You can kill over property here in Texas.:whistle:

Uhg, sounds like my 08 (all orange) minus the pipes.

Like posted above. A good Alarm, RoadLok and a .380 helps.

Where was it stolen from?

And i agree. Thieves freaking suck !

This is kind of extreme but I do not go anywhere or park anywhere that the bike is out of direct sight. In my garage is the only place it's not in view and like Mr Bogus, I have video surveillance and a locked door to deter thieves. It also helps to have firepower available on the home front should the need arise.. :whistle:

ZombieKillr-04.jpg

That is freakin' SWEET Blazing-Saddle....smokem' for sure with that baby...
I'm like everyone else on here...if you have lojack available in your area, it would definitely be worth it... In my area it's not available- keep mine locked up in my shed- and guarded by my arsenal if I'm at home- but if they want it and you're not around, they'll get it- I know I saw a video clip of some pieces-o-crap stealing a bike right off the street one time..surveillance camera caught the whole thing....they rolled right up beside it in a little minivan, and four thugs picked it right up and shoved it inside the minivan and just drove off....absolutely sickening to think it's just that easy for them..:firing::firing:

...just get a Lojack sticker or two, and place one in the corner of your screen, and the rest on either side of the tank, then a glowing led....:poke:

I have a baby monitor in my garage and a motion light. If the light comes on I turn the receiver on and I can hear a mouse fart. The light shines directly thru my bedroom window. After that I have several variations on the warm welcome theme.....
Bottom line is that if somebody wants your stuff bad enough, they're gonna get it, but a little planning will deter all but the most dedicated thieves.

Back