Bike thief

Big Bo

Registered
I found this story on another forum, and with all the bike stealing going on I thought that I would post a good guy wins story.

So, I am sitting in my apartment checking e-mails when i hear some commotion outside my bedroom window. i open it up and look out, and see what appears to be a bloodied up and bruised kid with his face on the asphalt groaning in pain. Also laying on the asphalt is a familiar bike that i recognized as belonging to my neighbor.

apparently he was trying to steal my neighbors bike.

heres what happened:

Apparently my neighbor was preparing to leave for work. his bike was warming up in the alley as he ran upstairs to get some paperwork.
As the bike idled in the alley, witnesses report a white sedan approach and stop in front of the alley way, with a female driving and one male passenger.

The male passenger exits the sedan and proceeds toward the bike, mounting and ultimately attempting to steal the vehicle.
During this time, owner returns to find thief on bike and forces him off the vehicle physically. the thief attempts to assault the owner with a pair of metal knuckles. owner defends & fight him until the punk finally submits and is forced to the ground.

this is about the time i arrived.

the owner calls the police, throws the knuckles aside so that the thief cant re-use them. the suspect is so messed up he doesn't even try to run or fight back further.
5 minutes later the police storm up with tasers at the ready. with lasers aimed at his chest, he offered no further resistance. he was cuffed, witness reports were taken, and CSI snapped photos.

after the ambulance arrived, he was taken to the hospital. after a few bandages, im sure hes going right to HB lockup and booked on several charges, including assault with a deadly weapon and grand theft auto.

The driver of the white sedan was not immediately identified; but the make, model, and license plate was recovered by several witnesses. After a short search the driver will almost certainly face criminal charges as well

this is one day the good guys win!

super.gif

It's always good to hear that a thief is
taken off the street. And that he received
a little street justice........

super.gif

About time we had one of these stories.

--Wag--

five bucks...owner was sued ....and lost if not arrrested later for assult...

I keep mine locked up while it's warming up, if I'm going back inside the house, I'm not a big guy... but my dog is more than happy to cover for me and I can't guarrentee that he won't "accidently" get out .

Thta's when the bike owner says, "Outta nowhere this big muscled-guy shows up to help...
wow.gif
..... and beats the livin' SH!D out of the guy FOR ME".  "Boy am I grateful good samaritans are still around....
bowdown.gif
.......the guy just beat him up and took off".  

Of course the owner throws a party for all witnesses....
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif
......and makes some friends in the process......
cool.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Before I read this post this morning, I woke up erlier after a bad dream with a similar scenario which ended with my bike being stolen. My first thought after I woke up was "Whew! Just a bad dream." And now this post calms me down. Whew.

Nice story but if the thief did get away with it the owner would have deserved it. You have to be severely retarded to leave a motorcycle RUNNING in a back alley!
all_coholic.gif

Hell you have to be borderline retarded to own an expensive bike while living in an apartment complex. It's amazing how many of the in debit up to their azz peroxide head squids leave their $10,000 fashion statements sitting in a complex parking lot night after night. Then they cry when the bike is ripped off off and they didn't have full coverage because they put it on a high interest dealer credit card.

I just got back from a roadtrip yesterday where I reserved a perimeter ground floor room so I could park my bike right outside the widnow. Eventhough the bike was cabled down, alarm set, hotel window open and within 10' of the bed I was still nervous as all hell and didn't get a good nights sleep.

(Turbo-Torch @ Sep. 29 2007,10:10) Nice story but if the thief did get away with it the owner would have deserved it.
Wow, deserved it? If people respected other people and their property, we would have no use for locks. Damn, I musta been taught values. Too bad I am one of the few.

(kaosccw @ Sep. 29 2007,07:21)
(Turbo-Torch @ Sep. 29 2007,10:10) Nice story but if the thief did get away with it the owner would have deserved it.
Wow, deserved it? If people respected other people and their property, we would have no use for locks. Damn, I musta been taught values. Too bad I am one of the few.
It's called reality. I don't care about how things are supposed to be but how they actually are. By the time I type this message several vehicles will probably be stolen in this country. To leave a motorcycle running in a back alley is downright STUPID. The guy may as well left a damn sign on it that said "take me".

If he parked it on some railroad tracks and came back in 15 minutes to debris...would you say he didn't deserve that?

(Turbo-Torch @ Sep. 29 2007,11:01) If he parked it on some railroad tracks and came back in 15 minutes to debris...would you say he didn't deserve that?
If you get caught stealing and get a beating you deserve it.

Was leaving the bike running bad judgement? Yes. I think the key word you used was 'deserved'.

A lot of people get what they deserve, I think I've figured out which one it was in this story.

wow... pretty harsh. no body "deserves" to be taken advantage of or ripped off, no matter how common sense impaired they are, especially since most of the time the criminals hardly get what they "deserve". just my .02, nothing more... nothing less.

If I came up on a bike warming up with no owner, I'd stand by it until the owner showed.
wink.gif
....if he took more than three minutes I'd start playing with the right-grip......
tounge.gif

If someone gets caught in the act...They get what they deserve.
beerchug.gif

man Turbo, I had my bike stolen from my apartment complex, 2 months old, I GUESS I deserved it ? Always kept it in my parents garage, but stopped at my apartment to get something to eat, came out an hour later, and it was raining, HARD. Had it parked next to my window, and it started to sink in the mud(kickstand), so I moved it to the lot. 2 hours later it was gone !! The police found it 6 days later, because another guy (guess he deserved it too) had his new 1000 RR stolen, and when the police went looking for his (Lowjack) they found mine, his, and a new GSXR 1000, and a ZX 10. Well atleast they found em. I was all for pressing charges till I got a letter asking me to apear in Court of Commen Pleas (midemeanor ?) I was so pissed, till I look at the bottom of the paper, and see 2 names, and address's not mad no more !!!!!!

Not that I plan on doing anything.....

Man, if this cat gets a D.A. with a hard on for this kind of thing, this cat could be looking at armed robbery ? Now if you shoplift, and pull away from store security, and run...Strong Armed Robbery !

Back