bike thief caught!!

briXXer

Registered
last wed nite my buddy and I had a zx6r stolen.. we bought it together to fix up and resale. well a guy came to test ride it and took off with it and left his pickup at my friends house. well monday i get a call from my buddy.

they caught him. The knucklehead was riding it down the sidewalk in Temple City, CA. When he was stopped the plates were ran and found it was stolen. The cops asked him about it and his reply.." I went to by the bike and the guy and I couldnt agree on a price so i took it." My budd y had to go down and pick him out of a photo line up and it took him about 2 seconds he said. The guy is getting charged with 2 counts of grand theft. 1 for the bike and 1 for the pickup that he left at the house when he took the bike. Not sure if they will add things like reckless endangerment and stuff for riding on the sidewalk. My buddy went down and picked up the bike and it was in the same condition as when the guy took it.. SOOO we got the bike back and the thief is gonna get his. woohooo chalk one up for the good guys.

alright!! ur lucky though that doesnt happen everyday... ill make sure its a nice vehical if i ever let someone drive off, or make em bring a friend.

laugh.gif
guy stole a pickup to go steal a bike:laugh:

Gets what he deserves. Now he has something to think about for awhile.
guns.gif
thiefs

Cool Man! I'm glad one gets caught every now and then. He obviously wasn't a professional thief, just a punk kid.

I ran into a simular situation at in Tacoma Washington this summer. Pulled into costco and spotted a kid with his hat on backwards pushing a CBR600 down he sidewalk. I thought it was kind of strange? When I came out of Costco the kid was in the back seat of a patrol car and a wrecker picking up the bike. Yep, stolen! Cop was pretty proud of himself for stumbling into this kid. I hate stinkin thieves!

Great news! A buddy of mine once caught a guy part way inside his BMW through a broken window...no police had to be called but justice was done that day for sure!

My friend almost got his gixxer stolen and the only thing that kept the thief from taking off with it was he was stupid enought not to tie it down in back of his van and I guess when he took a sharp turn ...
the bike fell out and my friend was able to get his bike back but the damn thief got away.

Good to hear he got caught. That makes for a nice Christmas present.
beerchug.gif

My friend almost got his gixxer stolen and the only thing that kept the thief from taking off with it was he was stupid enought not to tie it down in back of his van and I guess when he took a sharp turn ...
the bike fell out and my friend was able to get his bike back but the damn thief got away.
Damn, was the bike wrecked???

"I went to by the bike and the guy and I couldnt agree on a price so i took it."
laugh.gif

I just wish they would catch more. I am glad to hear that they did get this guy and you got the bike back.

I can't believe how often that scenerio is played out!
Back in the early 80's my brother-in-law had a KZ900. My sister decided she wanted her own bike so he bought her a new KZ440. Next day she twisted her ankle getting off it and the bike went into the local classifieds.

Two guys stopped by to look at it. One took it for a test ride and right after he left the other guy hopped in the pick-up truck and drove off. A few days later a cop found the jackass pushing the bike down the road after it ran out of gas. Why do these idiots joy ride on a stolen bike for days, run out of gas and then start pushing? Just how far do you push your luck?

Other than a few additional miles the bike was unharmed.

When I sold my last bike on ebay there were to be no test rides until I saw a drivers license with an MC endorsement and the person had a matching registration for their car.

what an idiot!!! people are just brazin as hell now-a-days
Grand theft carries a 5-10 year prison sentence right? Shoot if society is lucky he might get locked up for at least the next decade!!!

Damn, was the bike wrecked???
there was some damage to the bike but the only major damage was
the left whole side pretty much.

The knucklehead was riding it down the sidewalk in Temple City, CA.  
You must have meant "crackhead...."
laugh.gif
Just happy you got your vehicle back. Had something similar to this happen to me about 5 year back. Too long to describe the details, but I did get my Jeep back.
cool.gif

Should be like the Horse days. Drag them behide the Busa until they are dead and then hang them.

Glad to hear one of them gets caught. Recently, here bikes are being picked up and placed in a pickup truck.. driven off and never seen again. company has cameras around the parking structures, but there always seems to something in the way when it happens... seems to lessened after the 7th bike was taken.

Back