Busa smokes Zx-12

Yup, that's my Lucifers Orange model.  Guess they picked the fastest.  
smile.gif
Wait ....didn't you say yours only did 175......hehehe

Motorcyclist Magazine, I just got mine on Monday. The Busa won but only by a tenth of a second or less. Both were very close. They ran them in three different configurations: stock, lowered, lowered and geared. With the bike lowered and geared one less tooth on the front sprocket the Busa ran a 9.47 I think. The runs were done by a pro drag guy Dennis 'Shine' something. Said he liked the Busa better since it is lower and easier to launch since he is only 5'4". He actually was riding the Zed 12 with the seat off since it was too tall for him. It was a good article and they did make sure both bikes were stock.

THE BUSA IS STILL KING!

Motorcyclist Magazine, I just got mine on Monday.  The Busa won but only by a tenth of a second or less.  Both were very close.  They ran them in three different configurations: stock, lowered, lowered and geared.  With the bike lowered and geared one less tooth on the front sprocket the Busa ran a 9.47 I think.  The runs were done by a pro drag guy Dennis 'Shine' something.  Said he liked the Busa better since it is lower and easier to launch since he is only 5'4".  He actually was riding the Zed 12 with the seat off since it was too tall for him.  It was a good article and they did make sure both bikes were stock.  

THE BUSA IS STILL KING!
YEEEEAAAAAH!!!! I Like That!!!

now i need to go to the store and buy me a bunch of coppies and send them to all of my Kawi and Honda friends....

Yeah, testing in the 1/4 mile is more rider and uncontrollable factors(environment) than motorcycle. Still cool to see the busa beat its nemisis!! Now top-end. Any fool can hold the throttle open, that test tells all!!

Just finished reading the article!  The 'Busa wins but it was very close.
I have a subscription and just got it today.
Motorcyclist Magazine that is.
No clutch slippage.
You can hit a squirrel at 145 and be ok.

More problems with the pic above:
They're on the same side of the track.
There was only one guy racing the bikes one at a time.

I was just impressed that you could run a 9.9 on a 'Busa right out of the box!  It was a good read, glad to see our bike right on the cover!
Now if they had just run a Black and Blue....

big O thats a 9.9 with a not so talented busa racer I have seen 9.52 out of the box against the wind.

the "clutch slippage" comment was a a joke, thats what the tell me when I whoop the paint off em, either that or the tire is too warn...
tounge.gif

Back