'Busa Maxed!!!

with the ecu reflash you can remove the limiter give it hard cut only and raise the rpm up about 800 or so

I can tell ya from experience that Yes speedo is off, BUT the limiter is close to actual 186 despite speedo. Hes not saying he hit 186 indicated. hes saying he hit the actual limiter. There is a diff.

Just curious. How long did it take form a standing start to hit it? Ive hit it before on other Busas but was always already rolling pretty good when I hit it.

JZA,

Congrats on the speeds bud... :thumbsup:

He didn't say speedo indicated. He said 180mph in 4th gear and then he kept going.... ;)

SPEED LIMIT OF 186 officially reached....

Jza

that is what he said hence the reason for my comments about gps and really knowing that's all guys geesh the man hauled azz no doubt :bowdown:

Last edited:
i must not have hit the limiter on my run then. speedo was a tick mark past 180, but i let off when it indicated 185.

:bowdown: Congrats on feeling a rush that most people don't have the guts to even consider, and doing it somewhere appropriate.

:beerchug:

186 is a rush. I have never been over 140mph. I tip my hat to you and admit, you have titanium balls. You now have bragging rights!:cheerleader:

it fun maxing out the busa. I got 194 mph on radar! and then 195! Exhaust, Afr tuner, and 6th gear de-restriction mod! Stock gearing at the time! Very fun!

The reality is that you don't know how fast you were going unless you trapped it. The revs are limited in 6th gear. Has nothing to do with the speed. The 186 mph is a calculted number, based on stock gearing, wheel circumference and revs. Then theres external factors, drag, wind etc. Temp humidity and pressure all effect actual HP too.

Not saying you did or didn't hit 186, but hitting the limiter is by no means an accurate indicator of your actual speed.

I can tell ya from experience that Yes speedo is off, BUT the limiter is close to actual 186 despite speedo. Hes not saying he hit 186 indicated. hes saying he hit the actual limiter. There is a diff.

Just curious. How long did it take form a standing start to hit it? Ive hit it before on other Busas but was always already rolling pretty good when I hit it.

About 1.8 Miles of WOT i'd guess :-)... it was really quick to 5th gear... once you kick in 6th it still pulls strong but i imagine at that point the aerodynamics are a factor and the acceleration drops... if you lift up the wind blast is frightning... how Rossi et al can ride around at 200+ and just lift up to brake... i have a new found respect for those guys (and all racers really) guess you just get used to it :)

grrr....i want the busa so bad. well i have been reading a lot lately and i am jus gona start off with a 600. it kills my ego...but wat ever...one day i will posting wat you jus posted...one day. :bowdown: "that speed does something to your body that excites you"

We need a strip like that around here~!~ Just pull in a run...:thumbsup:

Way to go~!~

Not to steal any thunder....but.....

That's almost as fun as staying vertical at (a true) 142mph~!~ :laugh: Don't ask~!~ :whistle:

Back