Hit the rev limiter in 6th, weird!

Dude, my 08 Busa would indicate 69 at a true GPS of 60mph,

Realistically they are off quite a bit, get a speedohealer and you know for sure.

Thats true but you gotta remember GPS is starting to crap out do to the suns solar flares not to mention the space junk blocking the way lol

I have a GPS mod for the Gen II that lifts the limiter off. Cheap if someone wants it...

It shouldn't stutter. It will noticeably nose over but shouldn't stutter at that speed...?

Are you sure you were in 6th and not 5th...? That would do what you are describing and show the speedo maxed out... ;)

You need either a larger diameter rear tire or drop a tooth or two on the rear sprocket to go 200mph. If you aren't doing it in 1-mile, it's a little easier... ;)

It was definitely 6th gear, did it several times, needed a really good stretch on the road though to get there - it stutters/jitters like hitting the rev limiter in any other gear, except there was no upper gear to use LOL...

Well if you are doing 175 ish horsepower on the rear wheel when you are stock, add a full system and you're at least 180 rwhp, you sure 200 mph can't be done with 180 rwhp and the right room for it? Even with stock gearing? I know Brock had to add teeth to the rear sprocket but that has given him the last edge, a couple or three miles per hour on top of 200, not the 200 mph determining factor.

Last edited:
Get a GPS and find out. I know my bike with stock gearing would NOT go 200mph. With unlimited road, you are welcome to see what it will pull "actual" GPS. My guess is 196 if you've got a fresh stock tire but who knows. Some people have said they've done it but that combo didn't work on my bike...

Brock had stock gearing just used a bigger tire. I used stock tire but had to drop two teeth from the rear sprocket... :beerchug:

On my bike, and from what i understood on others, there isn't a rev limiter. the ecu pulls ignition timing to the point the back begins to drop off in power and its limited by power. This is what happened to me, I never actually his a cut.

This statement is incorrect, there is something called gear limiters which are alike to RPM limiters, but in this case the 6th gear limiter is just so low that it hits at around 186. That is easily removeable with ecueditor.com. So nothing to do with ignition advance really.

The soft limiter starts intermittently cutting fuel which is very smooth limiter and then the hard limiter hits which is noticeable.

This statement is incorrect, there is something called gear limiters which are alike to RPM limiters, but in this case the 6th gear limiter is just so low that it hits at around 186. That is easily removeable with ecueditor.com. So nothing to do with ignition advance really.

The soft limiter starts intermittently cutting fuel which is very smooth limiter and then the hard limiter hits which is noticeable.

Thank you for the insight. I just hadn't hit the hardcut then. :beerchug:

I think its kinda weird to hear that your gauges are off that much. I have stock gearing on my 08 and when the speedo reads 55 the GPS says 53.

I think its kinda weird to hear that your gauges are off that much. I have stock gearing on my 08 and when the speedo reads 55 the GPS says 53.

It gets worse as the speed increases. Take it up to 100 on the speedo and see what the gps says. Mine said 93 mph for a 7% correction factor-at 100mph only. It then read slightly low at slower speeds and read slightly high at faster speeds. So even with a SpeedoHealer you're off slightly at speeds other than what you calibrated for.

Petrik,

I am in Brazil and I am about to get the interface cable from Smith to use your ECU editor.

From what I understood reading your FAQ and with your comment on this poist, we have speed restriction on two levels, one to make it harder to reach 186 (soft limiter) and another one to keep it from surpassing 186 (hard limiter).

I know we can only speculate what Suzuki had in mind when they came up with that but does what I just concluded above make sense?

Now with the soft limiter off and the hard limiter set to 11500 RPM, I am assuming one can go 200 mph with stock everything provided you have decent fuel mapping to feed the engine and a good exhaust system - Brock's run was done with a PCV and his full system, there was no ECU editor back then.

Now with the soft limiter off and the hard limiter set to 11500 RPM, I am assuming one can go 200 mph with stock everything provided you have decent fuel mapping to feed the engine and a good exhaust system - Brock's run was done with a PCV and his full system, there was no ECU editor back then.

Make sure you look at the little things. Brock used a TRE also... ;)

Make sure you look at the little things. Brock used a TRE also... ;)

You are right Got-Busa, and it was a PCIII, since PCV was not out at that time.

I am fairly sure I can go at or slightly over 200 mph with decent tweaked ECU fuel mapping, a full aftermarket exhaust system (two bros 4x1 already there), soft limiter off and hard cut on 11500 RPM on top gear and room on the road to taking the lady to the limit.

It will take me a few days to get hold of smith's cable, once I do I will update everyone.

Jocasta (that is her name) is brand new from the dealership, 1600 miles on the clock - only performance mod I have is a two bros full system, tire is stock.

Other mods include HID and pazzlo levers (incredibly changed the bike feel).

Do you know a good GPS system that fits well into the Busa cockpit?

Depending on your weight you should be in the 190's pretty easy. I'll be surprised if you run 200mph unless you are downhill with a tail wind... :laugh:

I'm not sure what you can find in your area as far as GPS setups. I just use a cheap Garmin eTrex that is under $100US. If you plan to navigate with it, I would spend the extra for a good one. Some will work in your pocket (for review later) if you don't want to mount it on the dash... ;)

Back