Hit the rev limiter in 6th, weird!

BusaDudeBrazil

Registered
So there I was doing my high speed run, this time around it was a long stretch so I had plenty of room to max my lady out.

Turns out it hit the rev limiter in 6th and it started stuttering at 186 mph - I just learned that all of the other times I thought I was hitting the limiter, I was wrong, it was not the case.

I wonder how much it can pull with the rev limiter cranked up to 12500 with the ECU editor - anybody done that? How fast did it go?

Only thing not stock is the full system from Two Bros. How much more hp will it really yeld?

Thanks for any input!

Here is a picture of me with my lady and her friends...

jocasta_e_amigas2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Zee
all bikes have limits at 186 ..which i think is really messed up..but i actually used a x-tre plus did a few mods and i can get pass 200+..so if u did flash the ecu..prolly somewhere close to 200..idk exactly but i could update you in a cpl days because my friend having his flashed

On my bike, and from what i understood on others, there isn't a rev limiter. the ecu pulls ignition timing to the point the back begins to drop off in power and its limited by power. This is what happened to me, I never actually his a cut.

The rev limiter doesn't care what the speedometer is reading.

ok my fault let me rephrase speed limiter nd i was just pointing out that hayabusa speedometer are off by 5-6.. Also the x-tre helps eliminate the timing retard to make it think its running in 5th gear at all time

Last edited:
ok my fault let me rephrase speed limiter nd i was just pointing out that hayabusa speedometer are off by 5-6.. Also the x-tre helps eliminate the timing retard to make it think its running in 5th gear at all time

Dude, my 08 Busa would indicate 69 at a true GPS of 60mph,

Realistically they are off quite a bit, get a speedohealer and you know for sure.

yup i have the speedohealer an the xtre (along with some other NA mods) and in 5th gear it was showing over 186 then pop'd into 6th an she just keep getting faster so now i need a new gauge to tell me my true speed over 186 or a gps system anyone know where to get a 220mph gauge for a 08 busa

yup i have the speedohealer an the xtre (along with some other NA mods) and in 5th gear it was showing over 186 then pop'd into 6th an she just keep getting faster so now i need a new gauge to tell me my true speed over 186 or a gps system anyone know where to get a 220mph gauge for a 08 busa

Even with 220 guages and a speedohealer you still won't get an accurate top speed reading. GPS is the way to go if you really want to know.

Anyone else experience the stutter once the rev gets limited on 6th?

I've run my 08(still restricted) many times, needle pegged, still climbing. Eventually it just stops pulling and the speed maintains. It feels like it wants to keep going but obviously can't. It never stutters though.

That is why I put it on the topic as weird, the only time it stuttered was when I was pretty sure there was more on the motor but it got limited by 10500 RPM on 6th.

All of the other needle burying I got never hit the actual rev limit on the top gear - this time around it was so long of a straight road that I could get there easily, several times actually.

I tried to do some research and apparently 203 is the consensus with a PC/Full System and a good sunny after derestriction - this is what Brock Davison got on his (lowered and no mirrors).

That is why I put it on the topic as weird, the only time it stuttered was when I was pretty sure there was more on the motor but it got limited by 10500 RPM on 6th.

All of the other needle burying I got never hit the actual rev limit on the top gear - this time around it was so long of a straight road that I could get there easily, several times actually.

I tried to do some research and apparently 203 is the consensus with a PC/Full System and a good sunny after derestriction - this is what Brock Davison got on his (lowered and no mirrors).

That sounds right. Check out Got-Busa, he went 204 with bolt ons. He's got a link to it, cool stuff.

One down in the front... Hit the limter at an indicated 185 w/ the speedohealer. BTW 09 Busa... Got a picture of it using the max recall... :thumbsup:

Anyone else experience the stutter once the rev gets limited on 6th?

It shouldn't stutter. It will noticeably nose over but shouldn't stutter at that speed...?

Are you sure you were in 6th and not 5th...? That would do what you are describing and show the speedo maxed out... ;)

You need either a larger diameter rear tire or drop a tooth or two on the rear sprocket to go 200mph. If you aren't doing it in 1-mile, it's a little easier... ;)

You need either a larger diameter rear tire or drop a tooth or two on the rear sprocket to go 200mph. If you aren't doing it in 1-mile, it's a little easier... ;)[/QUOTE]

You will need to drop a couple teeth on the rear sprocket and get a GPS . Even then you may need a little more power to get to 200. its not as easy as everyone claims especially on a stock bike ( which I still haven't seen done )

Back