Rev Limiter question

Spkrdctr

Registered
I'm wondering, does anyone make a rev limiter that is adjustable down to 9000rpm for our bikes? I last looked on the internet and it seemed I had to buy a $300 or $400 dollar full ignition to get it. Anything cheap out there to lower my rev limiter? I found nothing....... Thanks for the help!

I believe you can flash your ECU and adjust the rev limiter but I could be wrong about this. You may want to contact smithabusa and see if he knows.

Last edited:
I'm wondering, does anyone make a rev limiter that is adjustable down to 9000rpm for our bikes? I last looked on the internet and it seemed I had to buy a $300 or $400 dollar full ignition to get it. Anything cheap out there to lower my rev limiter? I found nothing....... Thanks for the help!

why would you want to go that low????

if it's a busa just use ecu editor you can adjust your rev limiter however you like, i have never heard of anyone who wanted to lower their limiter however, have mine set at 12k.

Flashing with EE2 you can adjust the rev limiter to as low as 10600 to as high as 13000. Factory is set at 11300.

I wanted to stop hitting the rev limiter while I train with the bike on my shifting technique. Hearing how the motor sounds at 9000 and not having to worry about always hitting the limiter would make it much easier to get my throttle shifting experience done. Then when I can shift just a hair before 9,000 without any mistakes, I can easily run it back up to normal. Kind of a safe way to learn things. I can shift a car like a pro, The sleds run an auto setup so you only control he throttle. I want to dominat my bike and right now it is winning!!!!! It's a BKing but it still bounces off the limiter if I make even a tiny blip wrong.........:banghead:

I wanted to stop hitting the rev limiter while I train with the bike on my shifting technique. Hearing how the motor sounds at 9000 and not having to worry about always hitting the limiter would make it much easier to get my throttle shifting experience done. Then when I can shift just a hair before 9,000 without any mistakes, I can easily run it back up to normal. Kind of a safe way to learn things. I can shift a car like a pro, The sleds run an auto setup so you only control he throttle. I want to dominat my bike and right now it is winning!!!!! It's a BKing but it still bounces off the limiter if I make even a tiny blip wrong.........:banghead:

It's pretty darn tough to get the 1-2 shift mastered from a dig (depending on your gearing). You might be better off just getting an air-shifter.... :thumbsup:

Back