rev limiter on 6th gear

uguryucell

Registered
hello everyone!

I've noticed that there is a rev limiter on 6th gear, different than the one on any other gears. I never go up to rev limiter on the other gears, but on the 6th, it cuts @11k rpm. you all may be aware of that but I'm new to genII and to a brand new one (my previous bike was a genI and might have been remapped), so it's not like a rev limiter, rpm rod does not bounce as on the other gears, but bounces like in every 5-6 seconds.

is there any way to arrange it myself or should a go make the ecu remapped?
also speedometer stops at some point, should I open it up and make something?

thank you all for your support.

ugur

Easiest way to eliminate the 186mph speed restriction is to have someone flash the ECU and remove it. As far as making the speedometer needle travel further,if you are confident enough in your skills to open it up and figure out a way to do that without completely destroying it in the process,then go for it.

There are a few ways to eliminate the 186mph limiter...listed in the usual order of preference.

ECU flash
GPS mod
TRE (taking a chance on it working)

As far as the speedo, I think there is a 220mph mod...Google

220mph speedo.jpg

thank you for your advices, I'll go for ECU flash and will google or aliexpress for GPS mod. my genI used to have the same speedo as the above pic.. I'll open the speedo up and try to find a way... also GPS mod would be fine if I can afford..
I'm google ing about TRE..

I have too much to learn from you guys..

thank you all so much!

You might mention where you are located and ask if there are any members in your area that can flash the ecu. You might get it done cheap or maybe even free locally

I live in İstanbul/Turkey. I would be grateful if someone around could help.. how about, I've found my Gen I's dynojet power commander (I had never used them on, they came with the bike) and ignition module in my garage.
do you think that these fit to my 2015 busa? do they make the same job with ECU flash?
thank you so much for your help..

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

I live in İstanbul/Turkey. I would be grateful if someone around could help.. how about, I've found my Gen I's dynojet power commander (I had never used them on, they came with the bike) and ignition module in my garage. do you think that these fit to my 2015 busa? do they make the same job with ECU flash? thank you so much for your help..
no that PC will not work on your 2015 and it does not do the same thing that having the ecu flashed will do as far as removing the limiters.

Back