'Busa Maxed!!!

Jza

Registered
Thought i was going out for a nice charity ride for the local air ambulances...

We turn up on toute at Bruntingthorpe in Leicestershire (google it but they speed test for the bike mags in the UK there) who just happen to have a 2 mile long runway and were letting us have as many blasts as we could in the hour they had it booked... 200 bikes, groups of 15, all lined up, all types of bikes.. all types of riders :-) Just rip it and try and stop at the end of the runway...

First go... omg... the windblast at 170+ is scary (especially with a pillion holding on for dear life :-))..

Second go... no pillion... Head down behind screen... hold her to rev light in 2 - 4th... OMG the needles off the 180 mark.. boy it flies... im going so fast i cant see properly...the vibes and windblast in visor is messing with my contact lenses!!! I leave the line almost last but just reel in the other bikes like they are going backwards... all i can see after a mile and a half is a distant line of headlights in mirrors... boy she's quick!!!

Third go... wing mirrors pulled in to fairing... better start (she wheelies in first so i back off a bit but still better than last goes) and i completely dust everyone. The instructor on a K9 GSXR1000 is a dab hand at the starts and gets a good jump... but once im into the powerband in 4th i real him in and pass him a good 5mph faster than he's going (mental note - those 1000's are FAST)... i'm later told off for overtaking him LOL

.. then it happens..

I'm starting to think i should probably slow for the end of the straight when BANG... where'd the power go???? .. its like your pulling and pulling then.... nope, thats as far as we are going my son :thumbsup:

SPEED LIMIT OF 186 officially reached.... HOLY COW WHAT A DAY OUT

:beerchug:

Its not big, its not clever, it doesnt take a lot of skill... but if you aint done it... you gotta have a go it a buzz i wont forget for a long long time....

...when im next down the pub and i'm asked "how fast you had her mate" i cant wait to tell em "hit the speed limiter at 186" and just walk off... :laugh:

Jza

sounds fun..now get a speedo healer and do it for real..im sure your real speed was more of the 170s at best, but alot of fun none the less:thumbsup:

sounds fun..now get a speedo healer and do it for real..im sure your real speed was more of the 170s at best, but alot of fun none the less:thumbsup:

Here we go.. dudes telling me i wasn't going as fast as i was (who werent there) :moon:

Plus I think the engine cut out is based on rpm/gear, so if you cut out, you must have been doing 186..

damn i not knocking AT ALL...you hauled major azz no doubt about it bro, but the speedo is way off on all bikes and regardless how it is restricted i have to tell ya you wernt doing 186 mang deal with it or stay pissy and show some gps shots and ill bow

I can tell ya from experience that Yes speedo is off, BUT the limiter is close to actual 186 despite speedo. Hes not saying he hit 186 indicated. hes saying he hit the actual limiter. There is a diff.

Just curious. How long did it take form a standing start to hit it? Ive hit it before on other Busas but was always already rolling pretty good when I hit it.

JZA,

Congrats on the speeds bud... :thumbsup:

damn i not knocking AT ALL...you hauled major azz no doubt about it bro, but the speedo is way off on all bikes and regardless how it is restricted i have to tell ya you wernt doing 186 mang deal with it or stay pissy and show some gps shots and ill bow

He didn't say speedo indicated. He said 180mph in 4th gear and then he kept going.... ;)

If you've hit the limiter you know it... :beerchug:

JZA,

Congrats on the speeds bud... :thumbsup:

He didn't say speedo indicated. He said 180mph in 4th gear and then he kept going.... ;)

If you've hit the limiter you know it... :beerchug:

+1. It's unbelievable how "pronounced" the limiter is. It actually hits it pretty hard. :bowdown:

Back