Busa insurance

Welcome to the board.
biggrin.gif
State Farm is probably the best one to use for a Busa
wink.gif

in Nor Cal, I pay $70 a month for full coverage 100k/300k with state farm for my 05 and that is for bike only

<!--EDIT|BigCorySBFMC707
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119259581 -->

State Farm was the lowest for me, $344 for 6mos coverage (agent says they don't write 1year policies).

05 Limited
100/300/25, BI/PD
500 deductible, COMP/COLL
100/300/25, UM/UMPD

I too checked around with the other motorcycle friendly companies and both Geico & Progressive wanted $1400 & $1800/yr respectively. The other ins companys wanted $1500 - $2400/yr.

My own ins company (CSAAA) with 3 vehicles insured, wanted $2600/yr to add the busa (they said check back in 6mos, the rates should go down).

The cost for BI/PD and UM/UMPD was about the same with all the ins companies including State Farm. But the cost for COMP/COLL was a different story. State Farm had them all beat $240, AIG $1250, Geico $850, Progressive $1250, Foremost $1800.

I guess alot of it depends on where you live.
smile.gif

- Ed

ok, what are u under 25 guys paying?  right now, i have liabilty plus fire/theft and its $83/month with progressive.  if like 2 get it up 2 full coverage though.

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119393258 -->

Thank you everyone for posting your rates.

I will be contacting the local agent before the end of the week.

Seems like the west coast has by far the cheaper rates.

I'm going to guess my rate at 44 will be between $700.00 and $1,000.00 clean record for Rhode Island.

Hopefully the fellow Rhode Islanders and other local board members will send in their rates.

I'd send them a private message but I'm new to the board and don't want to be intrucive without anyone knowing who I am.

Got a quote for 500 a year full coverage, gonna go with this company since they already have my truck insurance and banking.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119622133 -->

Oh yeah, that is with USAA which is no longer doing new bike policies, instead farming out to progressive but I got grandfathered in.

I'd been with state farm for over ten years now and got my house, car, life, and my busa covered by them. I got a good record and my premium for my busa is only 263.00 a year and thats full coverage. That suprises the hell out of me!

State Farm here $370/yr full coverage for my new 05. The reason State Farm is so cheap is because they go by engine displacement not what kind of bike it is. It also helps if you've been with them for awhile and have a car policy also. I'm 28 and not married.

I am in Dallas, TX and I have Full Coverage for my 04 Purple/Black Busa (Collision + Fire/Theft) and 00 GSX-R750 (Liability +Fire/Theft with Progressive...I pay 2,800 per year or $280.00 per month. I have 1 speeding ticket and all the discounts (MSF, Multi-Bikes, Married, etc). It sucks but my baby and I am protected. What my Policy does not cover my Health insurance covers the rest.

If you are going to pay for your bike with cash and don't want Full Coverage, you can get just Liability and Fire/Theft for under 600 per year. The downside is that if you have an accident, you will come out of pocket to fix it...You will be covered 100% if the bike is stolen or if it is in a fire....

i checked a few big name places and it was crazy high, geico wanted 4,000 for full coverage yearly. i went throught this local place(dairy insurance) and got 792 full coverage and 500 deductable.

i checked a few big name places and it was crazy high, geico wanted 4,000 for full coverage yearly. i went throught this local place(dairy insurance) and got 792 full coverage and 500 deductable.
I was stationed at Ft Huachuca back in 96. I know that Sierra Vista has expanded a lot since then....I can think of some roads that would be cool to ride on with tha Busa...

I have my insurance thru GMAC and they dont go by the style only the size of the bike...I have full coverage with a 250 deductable. All the good things with high liabilities and coverages and it costs me 649.00 per year. By the way I also have a clean MVR as well....something to consider...also State Farm is a good one to deal with as well..........
cool.gif

Vinny, here in VT.
I pay 409 a year full coverage.
05 Busa, 40 years old, miserable driving record.

New member here, hey all...
biggrin.gif

I'm currently getting quotes for a new 05 Busa and the range is a lil extreme. AIG quoted $2,300.00 and Progressive quoted $3,177.00. Both are full up coverage $500 deductible.
I might just bite the bullet and buy the bike outright instead of financing and get just basic insurance (no comp, no coll.) Costs this way would be $423.00 from AIG versus $312 for Progressive. State Farm and Geeko are next on my list...
I have one one strike on my record: a speeding ticket on Lake Shore Drive of 67mph in a 45mph zone in my 1995 T-Bird.
sad.gif
Other than that nothing since ~1989. I'm 38, married and am a homeowner in downtown Chicago. I checked for MSF discount and Progressive no longer gives it. WTF?
Current bikes: 1987 FJ1200, 1989 FJ1200 and a 1995 Suzuki RF900. The RF will be joining the FJs in stored status when I get the Bus. If all goes right I should be riding a new Bus home this or next week!

state farm all the way--i am going with them now--aig quoted me $2800 a year --state farm $240 every six months without uninsured motorist and $326 with uninsured--i dont think i am going to take the uninsured though-never needed it before-Ben

Back