Busa fuel additive and air filter?

flystrt

Registered
Is it safe to use a car fuel additive like Chevron Techron for a GenII Busa? I also want to change the air filter but Im not sure which filter is the best, k&n, BMC, or OEM? My busa is a genII and it has a full yoshimura R55, everything else is stock. Im sure this has been asked alot before but Im a noob lol

No problem with Techron - just don't use the entire bottle - read the instructions, especially how many ounces per each gallon of fuel.

K&N is good if you don't mind re-oil it once in a couple of years. Otherwise, OEM air filters are pretty good.

Just my personal experience with Techron; I ran two tankfuls at twice the recommended strength and my intake valves looked exactly like they did before I used it.

I use seafoam, but mostly to stabilize the fuel in all my gas powered devices. Not that a tank of gas lasts that long in the bike.

I used seafoam when I was having some cutting out rough running issues. It worked well I think. I have also used it in my other vehicles.

Just my personal experience with Techron; I ran two tankfuls at twice the recommended strength and my intake valves looked exactly like they did before I used it.

I thought it was mostly to clean injectors. Do they claim to also clean the valves? Were your valves clean to begin with? I am a big fan of Sea Foam - buy it in gallons, for two cars and the bike. But mechanic recommended Techron.

I thought it was mostly to clean injectors. Do they claim to also clean the valves? Were your valves clean to begin with? I am a big fan of Sea Foam - buy it in gallons, for two cars and the bike. But mechanic recommended Techron.

I was under the impression that it was supposed to clean the valves in addition to the injectors, but I might be wrong. The #1 and #4 valves were dirty and didn't show any difference after using the Techron. I've used Sea Foam in the past, as a fuel stabilizer in the winter, but haven't used it in a few years. Maybe I'll run some of it through this year and see if it does anything for the valves.

came a cross a "scientific" comparison study about fuel additives a while back (wish I saved the page/document) and this product came very highly recommended. been using it for a while now (was a Seafoam fan before also)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back