Busa can save on GAS!!

KhandyRhedBhusa

Registered
I just broke down my gas mileage down to .10cents a mile. not bad. bike is basically stock
has tre, but I don't know what that is ;) small airbox mod, dapincci pipes and
16/42 gearing.

when I had stock gearing I did a trip from TX to MO 1400 miles and got 50.0 mpg, but maybe
more because the bike does NOT show over 50.0mpg. I got 240-260 miles to the tank.

Now with gearing I am netting 210-220 miles to the tank. This after conducting my
experiement and using my Zumo as accurate mileage. It is accurate to the T. I figured out
in my head before that I spend maybe 3.50$ to 4$ going to work 34 mile round trip. Well
my equation shows 3.4$ which is on the money!

Glad to know I am saving at the pump. because I have an 86 v8 mustang sitting in my driveway
hahha that is no gas saver!

I had a 90 stang that got 24 if driven right. LOL,
whatsatre.png

I had 17/43 gearing and switched to 18/40. Mileage was doing great! Sure wish I could be riding now!
crazy.gif

My Busa is a daily driver,Ford supercrew 4x4 sits in the driveway
guns.gif
12-13 city, 18 hwy.
I wish my 6.0L got 18 hwy.... Flat highways are a big plus! I haven't seen more than 16mpg since they changed the fuel a couple of years ago. SOBs...
I finally hit 50 mpg on my Busa last night. You really have to granny it to do it around here. I've been riding it rain or shine for about 1 1/2 months.

I checked trhe owners manual...does anyone know where teh MPG guage is on the new busa?

yeah my 5.0 stang with Im sure needs a tune up. before the gas spike, If I filled up 40$ Monday before work, I
would have to fill up friday to get home. 170miles a week to work and back. So I spend
approximately 8$ to work and back in the car. VS 3.4$ a day So on the Busa 20$ will get me
to work and back, plus gas to cruise around to get dinner during these 5 days. Ofcourse you have to just granny around

You forgot to add in the cost of tires. But yes, I'll take 47+ MPG on the Busa to the 16-17 in the SUV.

you are right about the tires, but I have seem to have found the right tire.
the Shink 003. In 200 size. Tire performs well and will hook up! not to mention
tire wear is awesome! have about 3k on it right now and barely looks like I wore off
the tire. Love it. Other tires by now I would be changing them! Also what helps is there
is a HUGE footprint on the tire, not a small strip like others.

Back